PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A couple of minutes away from smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Good afternoon. I'm going to smoke a bowl of Peterson's Standard Mixture. In a MM General. I opened two tins today, this one I'm going to smoke now and another from Old Dublin, after three years sleeping in the closet, they have incredible moisture. Today is a great day. after 6 months of job testing, I finally have a new permanent contract, that is to say a stable job. And so, I'm going to celebrate with a glass of whiskey and a slice of apple pie. Cheers guys..............View attachment 165199
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Country Squire Old Toby (dried out for a day) in a Vauen Olaf bent egg (2mmx45mm chamber) ; I packed it the loosest I ever have... I filled the pipe to the top but didn't tamp down. Best smoke I've ever had in this pipe. The pipe got warm but not hot and I only had to relight when I put the pipe down to complete my errand of buying a winning mega-millions ticket (crossed fingers!). I read somewhere this week: Dry the tobacco longer than you think you need to; pack it looser than you think you need to; light it less than you think you need to and smoke it slower than you think you need to ... and it really works ! It took me a long time to learn this but better late than never. very satisfying.

Last edited:

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Good afternoon. I'm going to smoke a bowl of Peterson's Standard Mixture. In a MM General. I opened two tins today, this one I'm going to smoke now and another from Old Dublin, after three years sleeping in the closet, they have incredible moisture. Today is a great day. after 6 months of job testing, I finally have a new permanent contract, that is to say a stable job. And so, I'm going to celebrate with a glass of whiskey and a slice of apple pie. Cheers guys..............View attachment 165199
Congratulations ! Well done !! Enjoy the fruits of your labors !! All the best on your new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.