PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Finally the weather has calmed down a bit over here, don't have to wait til sunset to walk the dog... Breezy 70s also means lunting is back on the menu - today's indulgence: Frog on the Bayou in this Morgan Bones 'Chubby 20'

l6l9SVEl.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of F&T Blackjack in a straight smooth brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam billiard 27 Canadian patent 341422 with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Taking a break from meer de-ghosting. I've made some progress, but not enough.
Comoy’s_Grand Slam_27billiardC.P.jpg

Hats off to you for this project, but do you get bored smoking the same pipe? When you smoke a meer exclusively for hundreds of smokes in a row, what, and how thorough is your cleaning regimen? I only smoke my two meers occasionally but every once in a while I gently scrape off the cake with a very sharp penknife. To be honest, the shank on my pipes only get a pipecleaner regularly but there must be some buildup in there. I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Not getting bored at all, although I occasionally think of the other pipes which are getting ignored. In fact now I realize a few pipes are good enough.

Once I finish smoking, I run a pipe cleaner through the bowl. After every 30-35 bowls I do an water clean and a gentle reaming of the cake. Smokes perfectly!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of a bowl left of year 2020 Peter Heinrichs Golden Sliced in a pre-1940s straight smooth brown Sutliff St. James (Comoy’s) spiral billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching the Braves-Mets game.
Comoy's_Sutliff_SJ_Spiral.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.