PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Going to light up Esoterica Margate (2021) in a Savinelli Punto Oro Corallo 320 EX Author while I work on a couple of Joseph Hansen reissue book covers.

View attachment 162521

Susan and I celebrated 5 years together on August 11th. Today, the 13th is her birthday. We’re kicking things off with one of my presents to her—Kilchoman 2021 Limited Edition 11th 100% Islay Edition. It was distilled from their 2007, 2009, 2010, and 2011 barley harvests before being matured for a minimum of 9 years in 26 bourbon barrels and 7 oloroso sherry butts.

View attachment 162522
@TheIronMonkey Happy Anniversary!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a little snacking, and am nearing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051 dublin with a black vulcanite tapered stem. This blend is the only one this pipe has seen since I ran out of Murray's Elizabethan twelve years ago.
Dunhill_1982Dublin_RootBriar_31051.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I’m smoking a bowl of Anthology, and reminiscing about good times spent with my Dad. I’ve spent the weekend in the critical intensive care unit, after my father suffered a massive heart attack Friday evening. All four arteries were blocked, and he’s not a candidate for bypass surgery. A pump was installed in his heart to keep him alive until they could attempt to “rooter” a couple arteries and install stents. We were told to hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. The surgery was a success and we still have him with us. He’s not out of the woods by any stretch, but we now have hope, and that’s what we’re clinging to. If anyone here talks to the man upstairs, and is so inclined, please send one up for my Dad.

View attachment 163016
My prayers and hopes for a successful recovery go out to your father.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Last smoke of the day is year 2015 Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a straight black 1925 Dunhill patent shell Canadian 33 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Time to read baseball box scores.
View attachment 163127
@JimInks I enjoyed the Mac Baren Virginia No. 1 in my clay pipes.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Good morning. After training in my new mini gym at home. I'm going to start by smoking a bowl of St. Bruno, in a MM General pipe. With a black coffee. Last Saturday, I did the long awaited lunch, in the restaurant I told you about, with my friend. Everything is beautiful, the food was very tasty, except for the rice with monkfish. It is a cozy place. The problem came when my friend was not in control at the table, because of the alcohol consumption. I discovered that he is not conscious when he has a few drinks. We drank red and white wine, before we drank beer, me without alcohol and him with alcohol. But it affects him, just drinking a few drinks, me, however it does not affect me so much, and I can control and be fine. And that disappointed me in the last 45 minutes, or maybe the last hour of lunch. He gave me and the other people and employees a hard time. I took him to the beach, it was a good idea, he recovered, and apologized. He has a drinking problem, which I didn't know about. I was a few days sad and unmotivated to enjoy and comment on the forum. I had no illusion to take pictures, I did not feel well. He however took some photos, when he was well, and had not yet drunk alcohol. I don't blame him, and I will help him as much as I can. He is a good guy. Another anecdote to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.