PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Back from my trip to SLC. Had Lane RLP-6 in my Savinelli Tortuga 614 bent billiard, and GLP Quiet Nights in my MM Country Gent. Got hit with strong winds, and a downpour on Monday night, so the RLP-6 was something of a challenge. But once it got going...bliss! I do love a rainy evening smoke.

Enjoying the Ashton Gold Rush I set aside for the trip but didn't smoke, in my Stefano bent Rhodesian. Might have a monsoon of my own to contend with shortly, so this is a partial bowl. Bird report: California scrub-jay, California towhee, Common raven, Northern flicker, and Western kingbird. Many parts of the Utah countryside were nice, but that said, I'm glad to be back home. ☺️

stefano.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Had to run an errand so took the opportunity to break out my Algerian Briar Made in France sitter (20mmx50mm chamber) and lightly packed Country Squire Rivendell. Very tasty !

I find french pipes have a very open draw like a MM cob so I leave the stinger in it. I believe this pipe was hand carved by Jean Waille of Lunel because it has the fleur de lis symbol and despite 6-8 tiny surface fills looks very similar to the pipe shown here on pipephil.eu although mine doesn't narrow at the top but is cylindrical like a poker. Same vulcanite stem and fleur de lis symbol. One of my favorite and most comfortable pipes !

Le Pipier de Lunel

France

le-pipierdelunel3y.jpg

le-pipierdelunel3b.jpg

le-pipierdelunel3a.jpg

▲ J Waille (No "Lunel" mark )

Artisan : Jean Waille. He is the son of André Waille (†, pipe carver in St Claude), and nephew of Michel Waille (EWA).
Probable second brand: Captain Patty

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, giant porterhouse steak and mashed potatoes dinner with a huge slice of freshly baked Boston cream pie for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2022 Astley’s No. 109 Medium Flake in a straight black 1963 Dunhill LBS Shell 4S billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1963_LBS_billiard.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.