PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
50/50 mix of Captain Black and Old Toby --- well dried. What a difference drying makes...really tones down captain black. In a Savinelli Erica fiamma 128 Billiard with 6mm charcoal filter while watching an ant drag a dead costa rican cricket across the lawn ... what strength ... if it couldn't go around the grass or obstacles it went up and over with the cricket which was at least 4 times its size. I have no idea where the nest it was going to was located as I stopped watching when it went under my lawn chair just as my pipe died out !

P.S. I know it was a costa rican cricket because I bought 4 to feed a pet spider when i was a kid and two escaped and mated so the tan ones are costa rican and the black ones are CT homegrown; those in between are mixed marriages. The costa rican ones are very friendly and will let you pick them up and are not afraid. The others jump away.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty peach, did a set of walking reps, and have about a third of a bowl left of Prince Albert in an undated, unbranded straight smooth brown made in France Los Alton VBF Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Los_Alton_VBF_Canadian.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2016 Peter Heinrichs Dark Strong Kentucky in an undated family era Sasieni Natural Four Dot Grosvenor smooth medium brown quarter bend bulldog with a black tapered vulcanite stem.
SasieniNatural4Dot_Grosvenor.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.