PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Fantastic!
It seemed like a better venue to show off the shirt than at home.

I was hoping to meet @woodsroad , but, he had to get up early for work and couldn’t make it. I was glad to meet @lestrout and the other members. I was able to get a more complete story on the back story of War Horse and @condorlover1 ’s involvement via some members in attendance. The Wooden Match is dog friendly, so it looks like we’d be able to make future meetings before heading back to New York on a Tuesday.

I don’t usually smoke pipes outdoors much. The flame on my Old Boy wandering was a concern as I didn’t want to mess up the rim on my 514 KS. It might’ve darkened some. Oh well.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Smoking virginia out of my unbranded mini-briar this morning. It's a bit less than 4.5" long, kinda fun for really short smokes, or when I want to smoke something slowly. I've lost any eBay or email details about it after 20 years, so I might start a separate thread if anyone wants to take a crack at identifying it!
mini_briar_2015_824.jpg

This time around, I experimented with packing the bowl a little more firmly and letting it sit out to dry overnight. Seems to be helping it to stay lit and burn a little cooler.

BTW, after more thought, I think my mystery Virginia flake is actually the last of some McClelland 2015 rather than PS Luxury Navy Flake. It's more of a reddish brown than tan, and is more tangy than grassy. I hope mixing up those two isn't a bannable offense! 😅

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.