PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
View attachment 164079

Christened my brand new Savinelli Bacco 321 bent author this afternoon! I was feeling EMP for the maiden smoke, but upon realizing I'd have to crack a new tin (which is something I'm trying to avoid doing due to my preponderance of active blends in jars), I went with Dunhill Aperitif. Oh man...what a smoke! This sadly discontinued blend is one of my favorites, and the pipe smokes beautifully. Super lightweight, and I love the rustication. Paired with Eel River White Ale organic beer from Whole Foods. I'm on Cloud Nine right about now, folks!

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, House finch, Red-tailed hawk, California quail, White-breasted nuthatch, Mountain chickadee, Common raven, California towhee, Violet-green swallow, Oak titmouse, Western bluebird, Mourning dove, and Hairy woodpecker. Most of these were heard but not seen...I was too engrossed in the smoke to pay much attention to the world around me.

@Brendan you wanted a full report, you got it! ?

Thank you SK, and ahead of schedule - very well done! ??

No worries about it smoking great being a Savinelli, I had my maiden smoke last night in a 111KS Fantasia ?
The 320 shape is growing on me of late, plus I love what Savinelli offer in stems so I guess I can see one in my future.

Anyway, good work as usual @servantking , I'll put in a good word for you to corporate ?

(Also, hee hee.. 'Hairy Woodpecker')

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Earlier, I smoked D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a black vulcanite tapered stem.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am half way through this bowl of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2019 black rusticated Peterson 312 full bend billiard with a military mount and a nickel cap with a cumberland 4AB stem and a N.A.P. bit.
PetersonNAP.jpg

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Did my Sunday afternoon pasture check in the ATV before the weather closes out and filled the Castello #33 with some OGS that’s got some age on it. What a sweet smoke, I’d forgotten how sweet this blend is, very tasty indeed. Across the tops I could see the storms coming and the last sunshine was forming a rainbow against the black sky to the south, cattle busy grazing before a long cold night.
872A775B-934C-4965-B270-285051B4452C.jpeg
8A08103F-D066-4C07-A641-C80606CB0208.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just passing the first third of this bowl of Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a medium bend black sandblasted IPSD 2016 Mark Tinsky book keeper 5 with a square shank and a black acrylic saddle stem with a cream colored accent. This will end my smoking day. Fed the ferals, Suzy and Molly, and I snacked on a few strawberries.
Tinsky_BookKeeper_side.jpg

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
Morning pipes: C&D Night Train in my Bones Baldesian (packed too tight...was good, but a pain in the ass to deal with at that hour). Followed by Country Squire Cowboy Coffee in my Savinelli 614. Interesting nostalgic note on the char light. Smells like a newly lit fire in a fireplace from my youth. Otherwise, eh. Perhaps I need to have that on its own and not after Night Train. Anyone else have any thoughts on Cowboy Coffee?

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Oklahoma, USA
View attachment 164123

Smoking Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake for the Fantasia's second bowl.
Barely reach for the stuff but I'm really in the mood for that topping.
Also, If you are in the mood for a laugh, check out the review left by 'zulujerk' on this tobacco at tobaccoreviews.com.
(I dont agree with him but it's still bloody funny)
Some of my favorite lines:

“Flavorful as a nice tall glass of water. Ideal for people without a tongue. Socks for Christmas. Consecutive Powerpoint presentations. On economics.”

Status
Not open for further replies.