PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Yeah. I guess I did. I didn't realize it until I started reading the reviews. (after I bought it...I are a genius... ?‍♂️) Still trying to wrap my taste buds around the stuff.
Well, you didn't throw the pipe and vomit in disgust, do that's a plus. While I don't find it to be an all day blend, it can be a nice departure from the standard rotation. The more I smoke GH scented blends, the more I grow to appreciate them.

Sanzini

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2021
Bristow, VA
A bit of sweet, simple comfort. @captainblack_official Royal in a little Italian unmarked, paired with @wildturkey American Honey.

I gotta tell you, this CB aromatic isn’t bad at all. It’s better than a similar, more expensive blend I tried a few days ago. Puff gently and it will reward you with minimal bite and a flavor to match the pouch aroma. Cheers!19A784FC-0B8F-4445-80F8-696B65D894E7.jpeg

Bax Burley

Can't Leave
Jul 20, 2021
Pennsylvania
A bit of sweet, simple comfort. @captainblack_official Royal in a little Italian unmarked, paired with @wildturkey American Honey.

I gotta tell you, this CB aromatic isn’t bad at all. It’s better than a similar, more expensive blend I tried a few days ago. Puff gently and it will reward you with minimal bite and a flavor to match the pouch aroma. Cheers!View attachment 94744
CB Royal is essentially Lane 1Q. It does the trick! I love Captain Black Gold. It's finally available in bulk again from a few retailers. I could smoke that any time.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
F6658727-7E73-414C-85D3-8E9FA952DE36.jpeg
G&H Irish X Twist. Lee Van Cleef. Celebrating a surprise package of three wonderful gifted pipes from a forum member. Looking forward to smoking them and having a bit more diversity to my collection. I‘ll be sure to photo them here. The smoking cap that matches my smoking jacket is also gift from a wonderful forum member as well.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Working on restoring some pipes. While having some Cobblestone Cherry Delight in a BC Rocbrune 1704. :)
3ebwc6ftqcfq.jpg

Sanzini

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2021
Bristow, VA
CB Royal is essentially Lane 1Q. It does the trick! I love Captain Black Gold. It's finally available in bulk again from a few retailers. I could smoke that any time.
Funny you say that. I smoked the CB earlier, and now I’m having some 1-Q because they seemed similar and I wanted to compare. In this moment I feel like they are both appealing for the same reasons, but 1-Q is a bit more so. The Royal smells and tastes a bit sweeter to me. The 1-Q is an overall smoother smoke. Maybe I’ll flip the order next time to see if I feel the same. Btw Gold is the only other CB I’ve tried and I enjoy that too.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
A nice quick lunch of cold roast lamb sandwich, followed by a crisp new season Fuji Apple.
Now sitting on the verandah with a mug of black chai tea and these
Germain's Royal Jersey Perique in a 1884 diamond shanked bent billiard. Chester hallmarks WR for William Reed, silversmith and pipe mounter. I have not been able to trace the maker (WHV in an oval on the shank).
Glass of post-WW I Delamain Family Reserve Grande Champagne single origin (grower-distiller) unblended cognac.
Truly a great house and one of my favourites.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
View attachment 94748
G&H Irish X Twist. Lee Van Cleef. Celebrating a surprise package of three wonderful gifted pipes from a forum member. Looking forward to smoking them and having a bit more diversity to my collection. I‘ll be sure to photo them here. The smoking cap that matches my smoking jacket is also gift from a wonderful forum member as well.
Good to see another bearded forum member.
The generosity of the ladies and gentlemen on our forum never ceases to amaze me.

Status
Not open for further replies.