PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
This evening I have bucked traditional wisdom, rather, rolling from strongest to lightest. Started out with Wilke Shipmate in a Stanwell No.11. Followed up with Viprati in a Bjarne Nielsen handmade ball/tomato hybrid experiment. Currently sipping on Classic Burley Kake in a Foreverstemmed Country Gent. Accompaniments have included, respectively, Chattanooga Whiskey original straight 91, neat; Basil Hayden dark rye, big rock; and the current pairing: Daniel‘s Tennessee Honey with a thimbleful of Skrewball, small rocks, delicious.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
The patent number dates the first Nutt "Hurricane Pipe" to 1932

"Le numéro de brevet (Pat. No.) permet de la dater précisément : 1932"
(Pipefil.eu)

I believe these pipes continued into the 1950s ... and speaking about nuts: here's a walnut:-
View attachment 91941View attachment 91943

There was even a Nutt pipe for the golfer ... did Bing have one?
View attachment 91944View attachment 91947

As for the pivot windshield: these were also made of bakelite/vulcanite:-
View attachment 91948View attachment 91950
Johnny on the spot with the pipe history, man! ? Good info. Now that you posted that, I think I have seen them before in more conventional shapes. When you said “Hurricane Pipe” it jogged my memory.

Sanzini

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2021
Bristow, VA
E011BB54-C8A4-444C-945E-474410F68F17.jpeg

Greetings from Madison Square Park, just to the north of the famous Flatiron Building in fabulous New York City. Enjoying some me time with a bowl of @cornellanddiehl Autumn Evening on a terrific Summer evening in the city. Cheers!
#pipes #pipesmoking #tobacco #tobaccopipe #tobaccoleaf #NewYork

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
A surprisingly..sweet?... bowl of PS Luxury Navy Flake in the Grabow Lark. On that note, is there anyone here who smokes Luxury Bullseye Flake that has any insight as to when it might be back in stock? @ashdigger ?
I’m no help. I bought a shit ton back in 2014. Haven’t bought any since. If you want to try some with age …. Hit me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.