PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
"Taking out the 'dogs"

1st bowl of GLP Cumberland in a 1913 Bulldog with orific bit and saddle stem. Bowl is a group 3 size. Birmingham silver hallmarks "HH or HHH". Any help with identification will be much appreciated.

With it a tot of Navazos/Palazzi rum. Equipoise Navazos is a group of sherry enthusiasts who "fossick" for exceptional sherry casks/butts. Nicholas Palazzi does the same with spirits. This is a co-production of Carribean rum, natured in ex-Bourbon casks and finished in Oloroso sherry casks. Bottled at cask strength - needs a few drops of water to open up.image.jpgimage.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am part way through this bowl of year 2018 Mac Baren Acadian Perique in a straight smooth brown 1933-36 KBB Yello-Bole Honey Cured Briar 2384 Acorn with a tapered yellow stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
KBB Yellow-Bole Honey Cured_Acorn1.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Just settling into the 2nd bowl of the afternoon on the front verandah with a mug of black chai tea.

Lovely sunny day with the gentlest of breezes. We're across the street from bushland listening to the raucous laughter of kookaburras and squawks of sulphur-crested cockatoos and throwing pebbles to scare away brush turkeys. Brush turkeys are native birds that can destroy a garden overnight. During their mating season, a pair can rake up (with their powerful claws) a nesting mound that's 10ft across and 3-5ft high to incubate their eggs. They've become protected pests now that foxes have been largely been eliminated

A bowl (group 4) of HH Black House in a 1932 Civic silver-banded, tapered-stemmed squat bulldog.

The Navazos-Palazzi rum has really benefitted from the addition of some (0.5mls) of water, opening up to reveal slightly sweet molasses character and complex Oloroso aromas.image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 911 in a late 40s, early 50s straight black sandblasted Wagner (Comoy’s second) pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Taking a short work break to feed my cats, and the feral cats. Maybe me, too, although I eat different food.
 Wagner_pot.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Our Saturday ZOOM featured a virtual trip to the Columbus NASPC Show. Some of the guys were at the show, and ZOOMed from an outdoor smoking area, and gave us all a quick tour of the show floor. It looked packed!
I smoked my 1964 Dunhill 83 Tanshell Zulu filled with Kramer's Blend for Cary Grant. A tall, bergs-filled tumbler of Peach/Mango Green Tea, with a shot of Honey Jack, slaked my thirst.

Status
Not open for further replies.