PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
2nd bowl of afternoon.
Sturks Balkan. Sturks, in Cape Town is not only Sth Africa's oldest tobacconist, but might be its oldest continually running business. Gift from a generous mate with a SA background.
In a tiny, previously unsmoked 1914 saddle-stemmed Bulldog, with an orific bit. image.jpgStamps on shank PSC in oval (can't find what the initials stand for) with London Made under that.
Silver band with Birmingham date letter upper case "P" for 1914. And AD and JD for Auguste Delacour and Joseph Delacour, silversmiths. image.jpg

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Good day all. In the Falcon with a twisted stem and a meerschaum bowl, I am having some Mac Baren mixture - Scottish Blend. I am returning to this from time to time. I find that (if smoked slowly) it is an interesting multi-aromatic and spicy blend. But if smoked fast it can be cruel.
Unfortunately, tobacco is not the only thing burning lately. In the past days the country has been hitten hard by heavy fires in many places. Great areas of land have been destroyed including properties (houses, fields, animals) plus forests e.t.c.
A big disaster, economical, ecological and aesthetical.
We shall overcome... again... I guess.
But that's a pity.
A pipe friend comes in my mind. He ends his posts with the wish "Let us always be standing on our feet and have our bowls full"...
That's a comfort.
Happy weekend good people.

IMG_6692.JPG

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Good day all. In the Falcon with a twisted stem and a meerschaum bowl, I am having some Mac Baren mixture - Scottish Blend. I am returning to this from time to time. I find that (if smoked slowly) it is an interesting multi-aromatic and spicy blend. But if smoked fast it can be cruel.
Unfortunately, tobacco is not the only thing burning lately. In the past days the country has been hitten hard by heavy fires in many places. Great areas of land have been destroyed including properties (houses, fields, animals) plus forests e.t.c.
A big disaster, economical, ecological and aesthetical.
We shall overcome... again... I guess.
But that's a pity.
A pipe friend comes in my mind. He ends his posts with the wish "Let us always be standing on our feet and have our bowls full"...
That's a comfort.
Happy weekend good people.

View attachment 92665
All the best Christos, I was only now just thinking about Australia's fire season of 2019-2020.. hoping everybody gets through it ok, not much you can do unfortunately besides help people affected as best we can.
May your bowls be full and flavorful sir puffy

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
2nd bowl of afternoon.
Sturks Balkan. Sturks, in Cape Town is not only Sth Africa's oldest tobacconist, but might be its oldest continually running business. Gift from a generous mate with a SA background.
In a tiny, previously unsmoked 1914 saddle-stemmed Bulldog, with an orific bit. View attachment 92663Stamps on shank PSC in oval (can't find what the initials stand for) with London Made under that.
Silver band with Birmingham date letter upper case "P" for 1914. And AD and JD for Auguste Delacour and Joseph Delacour, silversmiths. View attachment 92664
Man, when it comes to time to smoke a bowl and have a nice drop, you do it very well ??

puffy

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
All the best Christos, I was only now just thinking about Australia's fire season of 2019-2020.. hoping everybody gets through it ok, not much you can do unfortunately besides help people affected as best we can.
May your bowls be full and flavorful sir puffy
Man, when it comes to time to smoke a bowl and have a nice drop, you do it very well ??

puffy
Thanks, Brendan. A small pat on the back for getting through another week ?

Christos, Australia went through a horrific bushfire season Dec2019-Feb2020 and California is going through the same disastrous experience as Greece right now. I hope the residents and brave fire-fighters in both countries stay safe.

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Thanks, Brendan. A small pat on the back for getting through another week ?

Christos, Australia went through a horrific bushfire season Dec2019-Feb2020 and California is going through the same disastrous experience as Greece right now. I hope the residents and brave fire-fighters in both countries stay safe.

Thanks mate, let us hope so.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Horse Brass Pub is still here but smoke free these days I'm afraid. Oregon laws now forbid all indoor smoking. Still a great place for a pint, snack and visiting with cool people though.
Well it’s good to hear it’s still around, it certainly had the best selection of beer on tap and a great atmosphere. Excellent fish & chips too.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Guys guys guys, it’s not about the Premiere League, it’s about Leyton Orient.?
Are they still going?? You're quite right of course, much more entertaining games to watch in the lower divisions. Although as an Arsenal supporter, it's more about playing the game 'for the games sake' rather than the winning.?
Stoved Capstan in a Peterson's D17.
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.