Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

Samuel Gawith: 1792 Flake in a Meer...​

OpeRgDy.jpg
@weezell I enjoyed the 1792 Flake in my clay pipes; I could imagine smoking it in a clay at re-enactment events!

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Now trying the new Bengal Slices Single Barrel (aged in a bourbon barrel) in yet another Mountbatten (Charatan 2nd). BS SB was a very moist crumble cake that I crumbled and allowed to dry a bit. The cake smelled VERY fruity, the rubbed out form smells more like tobacco with what I suppose is a hint of licorice root. I'm also surviving the Portland, OR heat wave with several dogs, a glass of NA Pale Ale (and a glass of water), and several fans strategically placed whilst reading a book.

View attachment 92572
God I miss Portland, best place I ever lived. Is the Horse brass pub still up and running and dense with clouds of cigarette, pipe and cigar smoke? God bless Don Younger.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2000 Wessex Brigade Sovereign Curly Cut in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. This should get me to dinner time. Watching the Mets-Dodgers game.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Count Vajda

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2021
Black Lodge
God I miss Portland, best place I ever lived. Is the Horse brass pub still up and running and dense with clouds of cigarette, pipe and cigar smoke? God bless Don Younger.
Horse Brass Pub is still here but smoke free these days I'm afraid. Oregon laws now forbid all indoor smoking. Still a great place for a pint, snack and visiting with cool people though.

Count Vajda

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2021
Black Lodge
You'll be glad you did. KBV is a very inventive blender. I just posted reviews of three soon-to-be released blends at TR

Now smoking D&R Ryback in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem. Time for another set of walking reps.
View attachment 92566
Lovely Charatan pot! I have several Lane-era pipes that smoke great.

I just read through all your reviews of KBV and placed an order for 6 of their blends plus a few ounces of Ravens Eyes. Looking forward to trying them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.