PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a wonderful salad, cobia and asparagus dinner with strawberries for dessert. Since then, I smoked Cascadia Campsite in a 2002 smooth natural straight silver banded Ardor Venere Extra Fatta A Mano Maigret billiard, signed by Dorelio Rovera and a black acrylic tapered stem.
2002_Ardor Venere Extra Fatta A Mano Maigret billiard .jpg

And just finished this bowl of Cascadia Vertical Limit in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer with a black acrylic stem. This was a long smoke.
IMP_2002_Egg.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 222 in a late 40s, early 50s straight black sandblasted Wagner (Comoy’s second) pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Have enough left for three more bowls. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Working and listening to the MLB talk on the XM.
 Wagner_pot.jpg

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 222 in a late 40s, early 50s straight black sandblasted Wagner (Comoy’s second) pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Have enough left for three more bowls. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Working and listening to the MLB talk on the XM.
View attachment 91057
Dear Jim,
Can I come by for a cup of your Community Coffee and a bowl? It's 1 am here in Texas and I'm betting your STILL hard at work! LOL I LOVE YOUR HOURS!!! Meantime, I too like so many above am finishing Pegasus in a Craggy red and black Castello Oom Paul G. Yummy!! I want to dip into some of your more 'off-the-beaten' path or older blends when I get that java!!
kindly,
mike
(ps-enjoyed that early morning talk a few months back lots LOL! REALLY FUN!! THNX for this thread Jim and Pipe Family!)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Dear Jim,
Can I come by for a cup of your Community Coffee and a bowl? It's 1 am here in Texas and I'm betting your STILL hard at work! LOL I LOVE YOUR HOURS!!! Meantime, I too like so many above am finishing Pegasus in a Craggy red and black Castello Oom Paul G. Yummy!! I want to dip into some of your more 'off-the-beaten' path or older blends when I get that java!!
kindly,
mike
(ps-enjoyed that early morning talk a few months back lots LOL! REALLY FUN!! THNX for this thread Jim and Pipe Family!)
My coffee is your coffee, so stop by for a cup! And let's phone chat again soon.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A bowl of Dunhill London Mixture in my Savinelli De Luxe bulldog with saddle stem. I seem to develop a taste for Latakia in the warmer months, though most seem to report getting the craving during the winter. No idea why, but I'm happy to scratch the itch as I have quite a few tins that I'll need to get to one day as you can't take 'em with you.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a smooth straight brown circa WW2 Trapwell mountain laurel patent apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. I'll likely end the day with this smoke. Time to feed Suzy and Molly, and the outdoor feral cats.
Trapwell_apple.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
View attachment 91043Early evening: Brigham Voyageur filled with Mac Baren Vanilla Cream.
re: the blend - I read many favorable reviews for this one, which generally acknowledge the up-front vanilla flavor and overall sweet, easy smoke. But gents, I gotta tell ya, this is my second go-round and I’m not lovin’ it. For me it’s more bitter than sweet, with an unpleasant, almost acrid presence and aftertaste. Maybe I got a bad batch? Anybody love this one? Anyone have a bad experience? Happy to have your thoughts.
I don't know your puffing cadence, but perhaps you puff it too quickly. If that's not the problem, it may be that you are having a bad reaction to one of the tobaccos. You may also try another pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.