PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a wonderful salad, filet mignon with mushrooms and green beans dinner with peaches and strawberries for dessert. Just finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.

The last three smokes were the best. It’s very difficult to dry. I kept a 69 Boveda pack in the jar, and it helped some. What really worked is first rubbing it out and then drying for a looong time (8+ to 24 hours)

It had fantastic flavors, but when I finally realized how much drying it needs, I finished the jar.
I remember you saying that this one bit you pretty bad, are you having better luck with it now? When I first tried it, it obliterated my mouth on first sip, it just did not agree with me, so I jarred it’s up and forgot about it but it may be time to revisit and let my mouth acclimate to the chemical burn I was getting from it. I really did enjoy the blend however, my mouth did not.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I've tried suggesting the same as well. Dan seems to be determined to be the first man in Great Britain to melt a clay pipe!
I don't smoke like that in the churchyard!
I managed to get 24 minutes out of a clay pipe of Condor a couple of weeks ago, which would impress my fellow red coats: smoking a clay pipe the fastest or the longest?
I'm going swimming today, can't wait to get in the water again!

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I don't smoke like that in the churchyard!
I managed to get 24 minutes out of a clay pipe of Condor a couple of weeks ago, which would impress my fellow red coats: smoking a clay kpipe the fastest or the longest?
I'm going swimming today, can't wait to get in the water again!
24 mins is about how long one of those little Marcus Fohr clay pipes lasts for me, longer if it's something like a GH twist or flake.??

Status
Not open for further replies.