PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Did some kitchen staple shopping and got some household chores done and still managed to spend enough fun time outdoors to sustain a minor sunburn on my forehead. Over the course of it, enjoyed a bowl of Dunhill Dark Flake (rubbed out and packed last night) with a good morning cup of Starbuck’s Pike’s Peak, and later squeezed in a bowl of that 60/40 Peter Stokkebye Amsterdam/Turkish mix, in this Stanwell Deluxe 86 ...
192C373A-9BDB-42A3-973A-63D82B5C731E.jpeg
Somehow, this 86 got skipped the last couple rounds, so I thought I’d run some smoke through it again. (You can’t really see it well, but the pipe sock is from a a sponsor of this site.)

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Normally, one bowl a day. But felt like another one. This tiny pipe comes handy in such a situation. Smoked Half & Half I've been neglecting for awhile. Felt it was dry, so shove the pipe in the pouch and loaded some. Put the pouch in a mason jar that was hanging around. Lit the tobacco, but it didn't feel right. Ember went out pretty soon. Even the tobacco on top and gave it true light. Moisture harshness. I guess I should have dried it. But with breath smoking, it was rather good. Better taste then before.

IMG_20200823_201357_449.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Starting off with Sir Walter Raleigh in a MM Cob with a Forever stem...
UfOMrLd.jpg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Small Batch Aged Virginia in a Sasieni Four Dot Hurlingham S
I remember you saying that this one bit you pretty bad, are you having better luck with it now? When I first tried it, it obliterated my mouth on first sip, it just did not agree with me, so I jarred it’s up and forgot about it but it may be time to revisit and let my mouth acclimate to the chemical burn I was getting from it. I really did enjoy the blend however, my mouth did not.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
A rare two pipe day. Cobblestone Mocha Flake in an SMS Lattice bent billiard meer. This was my second bowl of Mocha Flake and it was not nearly as good as the first. Now onto St Bruno flake in a Pete System 305. I really like this blend but would be happier with a little more strength and a little more topping. Good stuff though! Just finished a Heyman’s Old Tom Gin martini. Good but not a favorite.

View attachment 40565View attachment 40566
I have had good luck adding a bit of SG Lakeland Dark for a little extra body, I also add it to Erinmore Flake. To my palate it makes them taste a lot more like the original blends. If you have some on hand it might be worth giving it a try, I let the blend marry for at least two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.