PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Severus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
D&R Ramback in a Savinelli Roma 122. My first time with this blend. I'm enjoying it, and it's triggering a lot of memories. It strongly reminds me of the bottom-shelf Russian cigarettes I used to smoke when I was a broke exchange student there in the 90s. Everybody back then used to look down on what they called "Bulgarian tobacco," so these cigs only cost about 20 cents a pack. Fun times!
View attachment 38361
I remember these cigs. My grandpa used to smoke those in the early and mid 90's, back in the days when our family still lived in Ukraine. As a kid, I was very much against him smoking, and once in a while I would steal his cigs, rip apart and put all the tobacco in a match box. :) He wasn't happy with me doing that, but I was just a kid back then.

marlinspike

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2020
The PNW
It’s amazing the amount of interest or re-interest in pipe smoking one movie had. And to think it was quite a debate whether or not to even include anyone smoking in them!
If I hadn't had 2 grandfathers and a number of pipe-smoking uncles to move me to try a pipe, Lewis or Tolkien would have done the trick. I bet those Inkling meetings absolutely reeked of strong-smelling 'baccy.

Status
Not open for further replies.