Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now smoking Germain’s King ? Charles Smoking Mixture in an Paykoc Meerschaum Bulldog. The tobacco has been growing on me as a genre favorite (Probably because the Va has become sweet with 3+ years of age). The pipe is the first one I bought back in 2017 for my pipe journey. I stopped smoking this a couple of months back due to a defective tenon, but I have replaced the tenon last week with a new one from Meerschaum Market, and it is back in action. It may only in my mind, but the new tenon has a better draw than the old one.
The shank of the stummel has turned brown, while the bowl is a nice coffee color, but when I take a photo, the stummel looks white.
FE27566B-E687-473C-99D1-1AE48214832F.jpeg

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Now smoking Germain’s King ? Charles Smoking Mixture in an Paykoc Meerschaum Bulldog. The tobacco has been growing on me as a genre favorite (Probably because the Va has become sweet with 3+ years of age). The pipe is the first one I bought back in 2017 for my pipe journey. I stopped smoking this a couple of months back due to a defective tenon, but I have replaced the tenon last week with a new one from Meerschaum Market, and it is back in action. It may only in my mind, but the new tenon has a better draw than the old one.
The shank of the stummel has turned brown, while the bowl is a nice coffee color, but when I take a photo, the stummel looks white.
View attachment 41154
I’ve noticed it’s hard to make a meerschaum‘s color come through in photos correctly. A very dignified looking pipe, by the way. ?

Thank you. If I have a pure white object in the photo, and I take exposure reading of the white object, then I will get true color. However that requires a planned photo, and not a snapshot taken during a smoking session.
I’ve noticed it’s hard to make a meerschaum‘s color come through in photos correctly. A very dignified looking pipe, by the way. ?

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Early 20th Cent. GBD + Cornell & Diehl RIVERBOAT GAMBLER:-

20200828_161042_resized.jpg

Similar shape bowl to mid-late 19th Cent. 'Cutty' clays as well as to similar period meerschaums such as this one which surprisingly has an almost pre-smoked bowl look as seen on the 'Tanga' African meerschaum pipes of the 1970s:-
20200828_161331_resized.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.