*** What Are You Smoking?*** (August 2019)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City Off the Rails in a 1980s SMS full bend sultan smoking a pipe meer signed by J. Boglon with a multi-colored creamy swirl acrylic stem.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
img_2314-600x448.jpg

Charatan 965 match Kona dark roast coffee bacon and biscuits

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a tasty pot roast lunch and am now smoking year 2014 MacBaren Acadian Perique in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Watching Mad Dog Russo, and thinking about when nap time will be this afternoon.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
GLP Sixpence in a Santa Claus figural meer by Medet, with coffee, watching the Cubs and Brewers pre-game show. The wind is blowing out today, so it should be a slugfest.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Sillem's Blue in a Savinelli Estella EX Billiard
Jay, now that you have had a few bowls, are you still digging the Sillem's blue?
I will be away camping out at Salmonfest for the weekend with no internet service. I am taking down my Savinelli Roma 315 EX to devirginize, my Genod Natural Poker, and an MM Morgan Natural. I have also brought down a smattering of options with some HH Pure Virginia, SG Squadron Leader, Rattray's Hal o the Wynd, PS 24 Nougat, and GH Sweet Rum Roll Twist, as well as a tin of Rattray's Stirling Flake and a tin of Bengal Slices, just in case :)
And of course a variety of scotch, bourbon, rye, japanese, welsh, and irish whiskey, and beers galore including Pilsner Urquell, Wittekerke Wild, Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing, and some Surly Darkness Imperial Stout. Oh, and also my 3 month old daughter.
Good parenting requires self medication from time to time. Hope everyone has a great weekend! I know I will....

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Alaskanpiper, that sounds like a rough weekend ahead of you - enjoy it!
Right now charring a bowl of GLP Stratford in my Castello Old Antiquari KKKK. The smoke will be accompanied by a Bavarian Märzen beer and Jack Kerouacs "On The Road".

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Bavarian Märzen beer and Jack Kerouacs "On The Road".
Both excellent choices. Marzen is the most underrated style of lager out there. It pains me that they are usually only available here during the fall because of their association with Oktoberfest. It's a bummer. I really like the bavarian marzen's, but there are a couple good options being made here in the us now as well, particularly Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest, which is usually a collaboration with a german brewery. I am not generally a fan of Sam Adams, but their Octoberfest is actually a very nice beer as well.
Kerouac is certainly a unique writer. Just finished "Desolation Angels" it was pretty good but not his best IMO. I really liked Dharma Bums.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking 2007 C&D Morley’s Best in a medium bend smooth paneled 2017 Celebi Turkish Meerschaum with a gold and black swirl acrylic stem.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks to a friend, I am smoking Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation: Small Batch Aged Virginia in a 2002 smooth natural straight silver banded Ardor Venere Extra Fatta A Mano Maigret billiard, signed by Dorelio Rovera and a black acrylic tapered stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink. Watching the Cubs-Brewers game.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking HU Nyala in a 1970s black sandblasted slight bent Savinelli Autograph 05 Horn with a black vulcanite stem.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Mac Baren Amphora Kentucky Blend in my old reliable 1986 smooth Peterson Kildare 999 Rhodesian with a black vulcanite p-lip stem.

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
Both excellent choices. Marzen is the most underrated style of lager out there. It pains me that they are usually only available here during the fall because of their association with Oktoberfest. It's a bummer. I really like the bavarian marzen's, but there are a couple good options being made here in the us now as well, particularly Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest, which is usually a collaboration with a german brewery. I am not generally a fan of Sam Adams, but their Octoberfest is actually a very nice beer as well.
We seem to be getting a slight craft lager trend here in Massachusetts, which I'm loving. We have Jack's Abbey in Framingham and Notch Brewing near me in Salem that both focus on German and Czech lagers. I think Jack's Abbey House Lager might be available beyond New England now--highly recommended in you see it.
Oh, yeah, smoking Brigadier Black Waterloo in my MM cob. I really like this aromatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.