*** What Are You Smoking?*** (August 2016)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I don't think my palate was awake for that first bowl. It tasted blah. Could be that I had my mouth opened too much as I slept. (a little apnea)

After a cuppa and a look outside to see how much storm was happening I've filled a Butz Choquin Regate smooth Dublin w/saddle stem with some VA Flake/perique..it's tasting better.

So, I may have learned something about myself. PA usually is a no brainer, and will deliver some nice sweetness along with its tobacco flavors, but that first bowl was not very tasty this a.m.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
G&H Black Cherry Twist in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer with a black acrylic stem.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Errr - am I missing something? There's a perfectly good September chain on the go - why are folk still posting in August?!
Andy

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Andy, it happens every month. We don't read all the words a lot of the time. (I know I don't. :oops:)

I mixed a new blend using Izmir as the 'base' and McLelland's Lat with a dash of Cavendish Cut Burly and am smoking some in my Benton Select 1/4 bent bulldog.

I assume this estate acquisition was a Brick and Mortar store's basket pipe and that it came from a really good factory. It's got a smooth finish, no grooves at the rim, and several putty fills. It also has a nice large field of beautiful birdseye and it smokes like a champ.

The stem is great too and aligns perfectly. Nice sized button, saddle cut, vulchanite.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Yeah, I got forgetful in my old age, and I was the guy who started the Sept. thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.