*** What Are You Smoking?*** (August 2016)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I don't think my palate was awake for that first bowl. It tasted blah. Could be that I had my mouth opened too much as I slept. (a little apnea)

After a cuppa and a look outside to see how much storm was happening I've filled a Butz Choquin Regate smooth Dublin w/saddle stem with some VA Flake/perique..it's tasting better.

So, I may have learned something about myself. PA usually is a no brainer, and will deliver some nice sweetness along with its tobacco flavors, but that first bowl was not very tasty this a.m.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
G&H Black Cherry Twist in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer with a black acrylic stem.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Errr - am I missing something? There's a perfectly good September chain on the go - why are folk still posting in August?!
Andy

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Andy, it happens every month. We don't read all the words a lot of the time. (I know I don't. :oops:)

I mixed a new blend using Izmir as the 'base' and McLelland's Lat with a dash of Cavendish Cut Burly and am smoking some in my Benton Select 1/4 bent bulldog.

I assume this estate acquisition was a Brick and Mortar store's basket pipe and that it came from a really good factory. It's got a smooth finish, no grooves at the rim, and several putty fills. It also has a nice large field of beautiful birdseye and it smokes like a champ.

The stem is great too and aligns perfectly. Nice sized button, saddle cut, vulchanite.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Yeah, I got forgetful in my old age, and I was the guy who started the Sept. thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.