***What Are You Smoking *** (August 2014)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deimitori

Might Stick Around
Oct 14, 2010
Smoking a bowl of Cornell & Diehl: "067 Bayou Morning" while drinking espresso freddo coffee. A very nice Va/Per blend to get well with the hot weather here in Athens, Greece.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished work and this bowl of Hines Match in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer. Next is Jim's Burley #1 in a 1980 three quarter bend long stem Ascorti New Dear KS egg.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Chelsea Morning in a Son Diplom double brandy plus reload. Some things are too good to have once. Last day in Ibiza so back to reality later.
@sablebrush and @jiminks - agree that Peretti sounds good!
Andy

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I put one coin of Escudo into an old LHS Certified Purex yesterday and I was able to smoke it for a very surprisingly lengthy interval. Toward the end, and perhaps a third relight after resting the pipe, I tasted clove.

I've been reading reviews and hadn't seen that flavor mentioned in this very pleasurable tobacco.

I'm wondering if I'm tasting the briar? ...I don't think I've burned it, but that one coin burned as completely as anything I'd ever put into that pipe. I was amazed at it's durability for such a small bowl of backy. I had dried it for a few hours. Man that was good!
I've got some LBE in a Washington burnin right now.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Capstan Blue - my holiday smoke that I buy in Ibiza for €4 (US$5.3) for 2oz - in a Charatan Belvedere 260DC.
ANDY

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
GLP Chelsea Morning in my Bob White billiard. I haven't had this in quite a while and man was it good. I had forgotten how spicey it is.
I too and drinking Major Dickason's Blend. It makes a great cup when Aeropressed.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not too far from finishing this bowl of Boswell’s Premium Burley in a 2002 quarter bend sandblasted Stanwell Golden Danish 139.

Status
Not open for further replies.