PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
Happy
This month marks a decade since I picked up a pipe in earnest. I've revisited a few of my originally acquired pipes, to help savor my good fortune and am smoking an estate billiard now, that I got in a group of 5 pipes for about $12.00 maybe $10? something typically cheap on my part, and its only marks are PIPE DREAMS on the side of the shank. It's smooth, well drilled and has no stinger. I cleaned up the long neglected stem with a piece of scotchbrite and some Barkeeper's Friend and loaded it with some Sutliff Victorian.
Of the five pipes, 4 are still smokeable. One, a Swiss Dry Air with two tubes in the shank, gave up the ghost after having become a favorite. The shank blew up. Another, lost its stem to a stem bending binge, because I was stupid, but I've frankensteined it with another stem and I smoke it. It's a crude looking 4 panel with a square shaft that is Algerian briar.
I think: "I could have stopped after that buy and a bag 'o seconds from MM", but then I think, look at all the fun you'd have missed chasing beat up old pipes on ebay!
Happy 10th Anniversary, may you celebrate many more.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
I enjoyed some Sutliff Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in my Prince of Wales pipe. It is a dreary morning in small town America, but a good cup of 8 O'clock coffee and a good pipe makes for a fine morning. The window fan takes the smoke from the sun room, which makes the wife happy even though the pipe smoke smells better than some of the scented candles she likes.

Sutliff Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in Prince of Wales pipe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.