PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of a bowl left of year 2018 Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a 1979 smooth straight dark brown Loewe Army 910 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Of the 35 freshly cleaned estate pipes I have not smoked, I have decided on what to smoke in 17 of them. The rest are a challenge, especially since I am looking for blends that are very lightly flavored in old pipes. I've made a very few exceptions in the past, but am trying not to with most of these.
Loewe910_Army_MMount.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Wilke Back Bay w/o perique in a smooth, brown, medium bend 1990's Grenci freehand with an unstained plateau top and a black saddle stem vulcanite stem. Grenci pipes were made with well aged briar, and excellent craftsmanshiip. Only my second time smoking it mostly due to the size of the pipe. A forum friend of mine reminded me that I have it, but I dug it out for a smoke. Watching the Hank Aaron tributes on MLB TV.
Grenci_Freehand.jpg

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
That sounds backbreaking! I remember when we leveled our yard and wheeled the excess dirt to fill a slope in the neighbour’s yard; then wheeling 5.5 cubic yards of pea gravel around the property. I’m glad that’s done (along with mowing lawn) and don’t envy your hauling all that dirt.
@TheIronMonkey, wow!5.5 yards of gravel is a lot of work. I have 3 yards of dirt so not as much as you did. I have the beds done and the dirt just arrived. That first smoke and drink when job is completed always taste the best 1712613588292.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Watching the Braves pre-game show with lots of Henry Aaron tributes.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.