PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Rare two-bowl day for me...Stanwell Kir & Apple in my Savinelli Tortuga 614 faux-Hungarian. Getting ready for a chicken leg w/marinade (quick shout out to Trader Joe's "Everyday Seasoning" blend!) dinner with braised kale and garlic mashed potatoes. Great day all around.

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, Dark-eyed junco, White-crowned sparrow, Eurasian collared dove, California kingbird (first of the season), White-breasted nuthatch, Mountain chickadee, Common raven, Red-tailed hawk, Northern flicker, and American robin.

Happy weekend all!

tortuga.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty red delicious apple, and am smoking C&D Virginia Gentleman in a straight smooth dark brown pre-1940s Comoy’s Jost’s Olde English Supreme J299 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Saw the outside light on, and was happy to see Shy Stripesy out there for the first time in a while, although she ran when I opened the door. Tomato the Brave was not thrilled to see her, and I imagine he's been chasing her away. She may be coming over more often than I realize, but I noticed she's lost some weight. I put food out for her in a different place than usual, and I hope she comes back to eat it.
Comoy's_Jost's Old English Supreme J299-Canadian.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
That ray of sunshine turned out to be a tease. Overcast skies again. At least the rain is holding off

The 2nd bowl is an odds&sods mixture of leftover(of baggies taken on trips) and ends of tins insufficient to fill a bowl

In a Karl Erik bent egg nosewarmer.
Deceptive size. The chamber is at least a group six

E7F3EA2C-3B2C-4BE5-9DF2-5CF7F790C009.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Wall Street in my old reliable straight grain brown medium bend 1986 smooth Peterson Kildare 999 Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. As expected, Shy Stripesy hasn't returned.
Peterson_Kildare999_Rhodesian.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I spent a few hours of wonderful camaraderie with my ZOOM friends this past afternoon as I smoked a pipe I bought in the early 1960s, a large-bowled Cellini Original Canadian with a saddle bit and silver ferrule (from Chicago's Victory Pipe Craftsmen Shop), filled with Drucquer's Royal Ransom from 1980. A mug of Barrie House Hawaiian Kona went nicely with this tasty, vintage, English blend.

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Status
Not open for further replies.