PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple on the side. I'm passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051 dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lavazza Perfetto, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1982Dublin_RootBriar_31051.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A home mix of Sutliff Balkan Sobranie 759 Match and D&R Two Timer twice toasted burley, out of a baggie I used when I got near the bottom of the jar of the Sutliff match blend. So it was a little dry, with some harsh edge, but with good flavor and a superior burn with not many relights, in a MM cob slightly bent with an acrylic Forever stem.

A footnote: If you are pipe smoking on a budget and can only buy MM cobs at this time, you have no disadvantage in enjoyable smoking. MM's usually burn the entire bowl to the bottom with no dottle (unburnt leaf). I love my briar, Mountain Laurel, clay and Meerschaum pipes, but an MM will do. I say, smoke these folksy pipes proudly, in jeans or a tuxedo.

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Just finished (or nearly so), a half bowl of 2+ year aged bulk Super Balkan in my Peterson Kinsale XL14 Rusticated.

It's actually been a while since I've smoked this, and so glad I cellared back 2 oz, then let time do its magic on ole Super Balkan. I've loved this fresh, but I daresay it is richer, smoother, mellower, buttery, spicier, sweeter, but with a more muted smokey quality now that it has a little age on it. And it was good all the way to the bottom while puffing away on sunny, early spring walk here in upper Wisconsin. I should be getting another pound to put away. This stuff is just so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.