PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
@Streeper541 : Is that the actual one used in the film? Is it still in use?
Yes, that is the real site. No, it ceased operation in 1990 and is no longer in use. The original complex is now a museum. A newer, modern prison has been built behind it on the same grounds.

I didn't visit today, but was working down the street so took a break there. I was however fortunate enough to get a special tour once from a close friend who happened to be incarcerated there back in the 80's.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
The 10% chance of precipitation turned into 100% chance a little bit ago. So, I decided I’d sit it out in the garage and have a quick smoke before lunch. I haven’t smoked any straight Izmir Turkish in a while. Decided to pack some into grandpa‘s KW 12B, Relief Meerschaum Bulldog.
I forgot how much I enjoy this Izmir straight.
image.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Peter Stokkebye 701 Virginia in a smooth light brown slight bent year 2017 Moretti δδδδ1 pot with a tapered black acrylic stem. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink. Lavazza coffees are very delectable.
Moretti 2017_SSSS1.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps on this sunny, humid day, and am close to finishing this bowl of Wilke Rum and Maple in a straight smooth with a tobacco leaf carving on the bottom left, dark brown 1980s Sir Brent pot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe is a cheap one, but it clenches well when I walk, and I get good aromatic flavor from it.
Sir_Brent_Pot.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just got a couple of Ken Byron blends to beta test. I'm now smoking KBV Mr. Christian’s beta test in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a dark tortoise shell colored tapered acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
CAO-Bacchus.jpg
CAO-Bacchus_front.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.