PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
First taste of OGS (Orlik Golden Sliced) in a Jack Howell Rakish Acorn. I don’t know how I’ve missed smoking this blend until now! This is a great smoke and I will need to cellar deep. I picked up 10 tins on sale at P&C. It’s a fresh tin from 2020 and was the perfect moisture to smoke right away. Goes really well in this Jh pipe with an open draw. Packed with flavor and no bite to be found. Temperature is stable, even in this gusty breeze we’ve got going on. View attachment 77790

How are the Squirrels enjoying the Acorn? ? ?

LOL ? I couldn’t resist, only joking, that’s a damm fine pipe there, smoke well, be well!

?

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty navel orange, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a black sandblasted straight 1998 XXX Ashton Pebble Grain lovat with a black acrylic saddle stem. Time to join a few friends for a Zoom chat. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
AshtonXXX_Pebblegrain.jpg

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Currently have a smoldering bowl of D & R Tobacco - Ramback Balkan after a delightful dinner of salad and meatballs accompanied by a full course of my wife complaining about something I was currently doing wrong...I'm not sure what it was this time. It was probably about me not listening to her for the 10,000th time about smoking. I don't know. I should pay attention more.

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
Well gee, if this is a nice Old World Tobacconist, hopefully some nice Old Scottish shop, please show some pics! :)

Or at least next time... ;)
Yes the Pipe Shop on Leith Walk, Edinburgh. They are in the middle of tearing up the road/re-generation around it but when that’s not happening it’s a nice enough spot.

Hopefully I’ll be there again soon enough!

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Afternoon everyone, I got my new Balandis Bog Oak horn this morning, and I’m about to fire up some Solani Yellow Label in her. It’s Rustic and untreated with a range of grey and light brown grain and a 2x5cm bowl. I’m still getting my head around the fact that it could be up to ten thousand years old. image.jpg
Had coffee with a friend this morning and spent most of the time drooling over his Indian made ‘06 Enfield BulletBC7034AF-E8CA-46FA-B6CE-12214B16C7A5.jpeg

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Yes, of course, but to my mind his (GBD) pipe is more like a 'Belge' than a 'Cutty' but as you say it's nowadays probably a case of potato, potahto ...

Personally I see the 'Cutty' shape more Dublin-like, i.e with a conical bowl ...
View attachment 77818

... although the Cutty shape in the world of clay pipes meant any short stemmed workman's pipe no matter the bowl shape and many even had "cutty pipe" incuse on the stems:-
View attachment 77819
Nice pipe,either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.