PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Cutty.Subjective,of course.
Yes, of course, but to my mind his (GBD) pipe is more like a 'Belge' than a 'Cutty' but as you say it's nowadays probably a case of potato, potahto ...

Personally I see the 'Cutty' shape more Dublin-like, i.e with a conical bowl ...
1619826076296.png

... although the Cutty shape in the world of clay pipes meant any short stemmed workman's pipe no matter the bowl shape and many even had "cutty pipe" incuse on the stems:-
20210125_172805 (1).jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, French cut pork chops and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Old Dark Fired in a black quarter bend 1970s GBD Prehistoric Rhodesian 9438 with a perspex saddle stem. Needed a bowl of this because the DFK in Savinelli 145 isn't the same as the Mac Baren version. Sammy DeCaf, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Jays game. I knew Drew Smyly was a bad pick up for the Braves, and he has lived up to my very low expectations.
GBD_Prehis. 9436 copy.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Gawith Bright CR Flake in a Comoy’s Grand Slam 409. Finally managed to get to a real tobacconists for the first time in nearly 14 months. Picked up a few bits. Now enjoying a smoke in the sun. View attachment 77736

Well gee, if this is a nice Old World Tobacconist, hopefully some nice Old Scottish shop, please show some pics! :)

Or at least next time... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.