PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am part way through this bowl of D&R Windsail in a 2018 full bend smooth Peterson Sherlock Holmes Lestrade with a silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Might make more coffee later.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes Lestrade, 2018 copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some snacking, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2002 smooth top, black sandblasted quarter bend military mount Karl Erik Ekstravagant horn with a horn insert in the ferrule and black acrylic stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Karl_Erik_horn.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Did some snacking, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2002 smooth top, black sandblasted quarter bend military mount Karl Erik Ekstravagant horn with a horn insert in the ferrule and black acrylic stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 77722
I love this pipe style...........???

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Day off today, it is the Friday before Easter, the Good Friday. In a while, church bells will start to sound mournfully throughout the country, during all day.The death of the Lord...
Since there is more time, the smoking can last longer, the bowl can be bigger: Stanwell Melange in the MM corn cob General.
Also, the temperature is high for the season. I moved to the "summer office", at the veranda...
Stay well good people.

Stanwell Melange in MM corn cob General.JPG
Summer veranda office.JPG

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Either nomenclature would suit . . . looks a bit similar to a GBD shape just going by this example:-
View attachment 77657View attachment 77668

The canted tulip shape also seen in clay pipes from the Continent - in this case L. Fiolet of St. Omer - and meerschaums (Austria):-
View attachment 77661

The shape maybe not uncommon at the time - an unbranded example:-
View attachment 77664

Thank you, that does look very similar especially the stem. I tried to get the original owners name and position in the company to get as much provenance as possible but i’ve heard nothing so I’m a bit hesitant to actually call it a GBD yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.