PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Earlier I had a little Revor plug in a Bantam, there’s some lat in there imho.
I’m having some Pete’s 2019 SR in ‘22 Masta bent billiard at the mo but I’ve loaded the Vauen Luxus up for the last smoke with some Eventide.
Apparently Vauen and Dunhill got into a legal wrangle in the early 20’s about the White Dot. They both started using it around the same time. Dunhill walked away with the international market while Vauen could only use it in Germany and Austria, everywhere else their dot had to be coloured, a grey and a pale blue were chosen. I don’t believe Vauen use them anymore but they were only used on their best pipes which I can easily believe. This thing is a work of art.
Hope no one minds the history lesson but I thought the Dunhill business rather interesting. All credit to pipedia of course.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty navel orange, and am part way through this bowl of Beta Test #2 in a 2002 straight grain Karl Erik Ekstravagant A medium bend dublin sitter with a small horn ferrule accent and black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Karl_Erik_Eks.A_Dublin_sitter.jpg

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Back porch studying for my P&C license. Having some Sir John's Flake Virginia in a self rusticated billiard.
 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.