PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Hello good people!
John Aylesbury 777 in the collectible annual pipe of the Greek pipe club, year 2018.
Have a nice weekend everybody, I will try to rest, the past week was hard in work (not only for me as I read in other posts... I don't know if that is a comfort...). But let's enjoy the moments, that's the big secret I guess. Pipe smokers may know a bit more about this secret, and that is (in a way) a blessing.

John Alylesbury 777 in pipeclub.gr pipe 2018.JPG

pipeclub.gr 2018.JPG

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am part way through this bowl of Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a 1979 Loewe Army smooth straight dark brown billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. I may end the day with this smoke.
Loewe910_Army_MMount copy.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Good morning everyone, I just took delivery of a few new (to me) blends.
I have some GH Dark Flake Aromatic drying out (smells like Turkish Delight candy), some more 3p’s and what I’m trying now, Solani Aged Burley Flake. This is a very different blend than I’m used to, I’ll need a couple more bowls in other pipes but it’s changed taste about three times so far in this bowl. I’m at the bottom now and I’m getting a sour fermented flavour that I can’t put my finger on. It’s not unpleasant just a very different experience for me.
I got a sample of these little cigarillos too, had one with my coffee first thing, not bad but nothing to write home about. image.jpg

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
Good morning All
My first bowl of Cornell and Diehl Black Frigate in a Savinelli Spring 673. Very enjoyable and reminiscent of a cross between Nightcap and Squadron Leader, sadly I can’t detect any rum. Saving my Blakemar Briars King’s Imperial Apple for later in the day. Gardening chores beckons and I must keep the “entertainment committee” aka the wife happy!
I hope you all have a relaxing weekend.
Happy smokes.
Ettrick puffer C46AFCAE-A2F9-45A3-AA84-43B32FDEC059.jpeg91D65E34-6F05-4FC9-9A7E-4993B889B004.jpeg

germinal

Lurker
Mar 18, 2021
Sweden
Just finished a bowl of Best Brown Flake in this P. Jeppesen tomato. Dried figs and raisins in the tin. I can definitely taste the bread and spice mentioned in JimInks excellent review, while not overly sweet it has a marzipan like sweetness. There's also the musky character I relate to in Squadron Leader, maybe it's just in my head. I usually don't smoke in the morning but the sun is starting to bring some heat and the budding spring made it a most pleasurable smoke. Great blend. Happy Easter everyone.

Attachments

• 20210403_100203.jpg
    20210403_100203.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 2

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
Just smoked my first bowl of HU Janneman Virginia perique Flake my first impression is that it is quite nice, tasted like many similar German Flakes made by KKopp burns quite quickly. Drinking a cuppa Tea. The fun thing with this blend is that it comes in one long flake curled around the inside of the paint tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.