PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
The Man Who Never Returned
A Peter Quinn novel based on the true story of the unexplained disappearence of an alleged crooked New York State Supreme Court Judge Joseph Crater in 1930.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Reading Master Sniper, by Stephen Hunter. This was his first book and I bought a lot of about 12 by him, so I figured I'd start at the beginning and read my way through.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I just read a book by this famous doctor. I think he was German, Süss, or something. It's riveting. I'm only a couple pages into it, but there's this dude Sam who keeps trying to make this man whose name we don't know eat Green Eggs and Ham with all these weird ass people/places. I'm like "tell him to piss off!" Who would eat that in a box or with a fox? Not me. I'll let you know how it ends. I bet it's a bloodbath.

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
:rofl: I nearly just pissed myself, baron! :rofl: :laughat: :rofl:
Ok Ok... straight face... Oh I can't do it! :rofl: :laughat:
Alright, I think I'm done now... whew!
I just finisher The Two Towers, and now I'm moving on to the Return of the King while smoking some FMOTT!
Oh boy, I hope Sam gets to Frodo! 8O :crazy:

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Just finished The children of Hurin by Tolkien was good recommend it to any middle earth addict.

Cept those [/i]dirty stinky elves!

why wont the italic button work??

bloody elves :twisted:

Jul 15, 2011
Im about to finish a really solid read by a gentleman named M. John Harrison. The book is called Light. Really hard hitting sci-fi novel of the highest order. Good stuff!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
seanz, you gotta click the italic button at the beginning of the italicised phrase (to initiate the html for itialic) and the end (to close it) looks like italics when you do that

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
seanz, thanks!
Lord willing, I'm about to make a HUGE purchase of a bunch of Tolkien's work (along with Christopher's) of all the OTHER writings.

I've always loved the LOTR, Hobbit, and Silmarillion books but now I need to really delve in to Middle Earth like Durin on a mithril hunt. I just have to get past the Lady of the Wood first (my wife) with the money stuff. :roll:

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
ahh the true quest :D

good luck in that adventure. i no longer have that trial now its the numbers in the acc that dictate what i can do

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I finished up (for the third or fourth time) Norman Macleans Young Men and Fire, and am starting on Sherwood Andersons Winesburg, Ohio.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
The History of the American Revolution by David Ramsay. David Ramsay 1749-1815, "was an active participant in many of the events of the period and a member of the Continental Congress from South Carolina."

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
This is more of a book question. Does anyone have any word on when the new Sherlock Holmes will be published? I heard the Doyle estate allowed the commisioning of another Holmes novella/novel, a continuation of the existing stories, to be written, but haven't heard anything since.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I'll list the books I am reading at the moment. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe, The War of Wars by Robert Harvey, the Waste Land by T.S. Elliot and a few others that are not interesting unless you're a literary critic. I guess the Waste Land us not really a book but I am writing a paper on it so I am never really through reading it. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.