PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigmapiguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 19, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
So far this summer I've read: Being and Nothingness by Sartre, Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche, The Critique of Pure Reason by Kant, *******s Finish First by Tucker Max, and a few others. I currently starting Human, All-Too Human by Nietzsche and Being and Time by Heidegger. Philosophy (particularly existentialism) is best served with a nice pipe :puffy:

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Right now i am reading H.P. Lovecraft at the Mountains of Madness. This weekend I hope to be reading Jim Butcher, Ghost Story. I just finished Simon R. Green's A Hard Days Knight. all good reads.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Loved the Foxfire books. I used to teach low impact camping and woodscraft. Those books were basically the textbooks.
Right now I'm reading THE SQUAD: The Intelligence Operations of MichaelCollins
It's amazing. Full of first hand accounts from members of The Squad and other key figures in the War of Independence. Most of the interviews were compiled in the 1950s, on promise the book would not be published until everyone who gave the interviews had died. Finally published in 2005.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Just read Tom Clancy's Dead or Alive, then his Against All Enimies, just started Paterson's 10th Anniversary.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Just started Haunted Bookshop after reading recommendations here and smoking its namesake in a cob as Roger Mifflin did.........

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
Barnes Noble Leather Edition "H.P. Lovecraft - the Complete Fiction." Simply amazing.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I just finished Foreign Influence by Brad Thor and I'm about to start his newest one, Full Black. He's got such a dark sense of humor even through horrific things (like terrorist attacks) so I'll probably stock up on his older books after this. Also this week, I read the Christopher Reich trilogy - Rules of Deception, Rules of Vengeance and Rules of Betrayal.
I still have George R.R. Martin's A Dance With Dragons on the to be read list but I'm going to have to work up some boredom before I start it. I'd like for just a single character with any good personality traits to survive more than a few chapters! The best synopsis of the books I can give is this: no one dies of the plague.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Embassytown, by China Meiville. It's interesting if you like permutations of language in a sci-fi world.

peevee

Lurker
Jul 29, 2011
Just finished Marlon Brando's autobiography. Now reading Dante Giacosa's autobiography, "Forty Years of Design with Fiat"

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
the Hiram Key By Christopher Knight & Robert Lomas. They looking to find the origins of masonic ritual quite interesting so far...

bubblehead

Might Stick Around
May 26, 2011
sigmapiguy wrote:

[/quote]So far this summer I've read: Being and Nothingness by Sartre, Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche, The Critique of Pure Reason by Kant, *******s Finish First by Tucker Max, and a few others. I currently starting Human, All-Too Human by Nietzsche and Being and Time by Heidegger. Philosophy (particularly existentialism) is best served with a nice pipe [:puffy:]
Sorry...this has to be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQycQ8DABvc

:lol:

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Just read the Riftwar Saga again and just today finished off Warren Zevon's biography "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead". I'd recommend that anybody that has an even passing interest in Warren and his music give it a read.

Status
Not open for further replies.