PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
Just finished "Pet Semetary" by Stephen King. . . probably won't read again until school starts back up week after next. Then I'll have a steady list of Stephen King to put in every or maybe three days heh heh heh.

cornguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2011
Great running thread. My reading list is now overflowing.

Just finished: "Burying the Black Sox," meticulously researched and well-documented history of the 1919 fixed World Series. This is the definitive work on the Black Sox and the coverup that ensued.

Just started: "Traitor to His Class," biography of FDR, excellent so far.

Will start soon: "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest," the third in the Steig Larsson trilogy. The first two were riveting. I will try to pace myself on the third, but I know once I start I will be unable to put it down. No more Larsson. Pity.

mole

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2010
I have seen 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' and 'The Girl who Played with Fire' in the original swedish. Both outstanding movies. Will start reading the books soon though.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Collin, that is a great book! You should get the complete Sherlock Holmes collection. It is well worth the read!
I am currently reading the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott!

mauro

Lurker
Jan 9, 2011
Ho letto da poco Il caso Saint-Fiacre un giallo di Georges Simenon con il commissario Maigret-Lo trovato molto bello, lo consiglio :eek:

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
I just recently finished reading Confessions of a Pipe Smoker, 2nd edition

and promptly lent it to a friend - who is now enjoying Gary's wit and wisdom.

I'm not convinced that the second edition was that much better than the first

one, but it is more up to date in this rapidly changing tobacco community.

I've just gotten a few chapters into Dion's Mill River Smoke: Stories and

Essays.
It's a warm collection of tales that provide a refreshing perspective

into the life of a Pipe smoking journalist.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
"The Raspberyy Murders" by Pat McManus. Pat is my favotite humor writer and now mystery writer. His stories all take place in Idaho. If you're a sportsman or even a city kid like me foem New Jersey you'll cry laughing while reading his books. Highly recommended for winter reading.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
One Day in September: The Full Story of the 1972 Munich Olympics Massacre and the Israeli Revenge Operation "Wrath of God" by Simon Reeve

Status
Not open for further replies.