PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
Just started Salem's lot, and picked up H.P Lovecraft's complete works (one of those giant Barnes and Noble collection books) along with Sun Tsu's Art of War and The Divine Comedy a few days ago -- looking forward to getting to those after I read my last *counts* 4 more Stephen King's left. . . and the other half of Four Past Midnight (only read The Langoliers and Secret Window; Secret garden so far)

obelus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Portland, OR
I'm taking a little break from the sort of thing I usually read and have decided to plow through a handful of Edgar (King Kong) Wallace's detective novels. There are a lot to choose from, but right now I'm reading Jack O'Judgment. After that at least 2 of the J.G. Reeder stories.
Mostly this is because I spent this month's book budget (and a good chunk of next month's too) at pipesandcigars.com and these books are in the public domain and are therefore delivered free to my Kindle.

sjolie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2011
Just finished Girl With the Dragon Tattoo yesterday morning. Great story!
Now going to have a pre-dawn cup of coffee and start one that has been on the list for a long time...A River Runs Through It
It's just too bad it is 0 degrees outside or maybe I'd venture out for a early morning pipe too!

pens87

Lurker
Jul 24, 2010
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams..just finishing the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

mauro

Lurker
Jan 9, 2011
Stò leggendo un libro tipo giallo poliziesco italiano Montalbano -Gli arancini di montalbano- scritto da Andrea Camilleri , è molto buono :puffpipe:

mi piace pure Simenon.
Translation:

I'm reading a book like yellow crime-The Italian Montalbano of Montalbano arancini-written by Andrea Camilleri, is very good :puffpipe:

I also like Simenon.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Mauro is reading "I'm reading a book like yellow crime-The Italian Montalbano of Montalbano arancini-written by Andrea Camilleri, is very good [: puffpipe:]

I also like Simenon."

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
True History of the Kelly Gang - Peter Carey.
It is an excellent book; eminently readable. The author's vision of Ned Kelly, Aussie bushranger, really comes to life. I'm only a third of the way through but its going really well.
By the same writer, I'd also recommend Jack Maggs. It's a reworking of Great Expectations featuring a robber returned from Transportation in Australia to nineteenth century London. It was quite good.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I totally agree, unclearthur. I have not read a great deal about Ned the man but this book is going to drive me to research the factual side of things a little more. It's been an addictive read so far. I have always been very interested in outlaws and highwaymen, rapparees and gunslingers. Fascinating characters from a more interesting time, all with colourful stories and varied motives for their ways.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
I started the Shining last week, haven't had but like 2 hours reading it thus far though.

Status
Not open for further replies.