PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
@ Igloo

Yup. I see you've been reading-up on physics. (Quantum wave probabilities and all that...)

It seems that you've "wrapped your head around" the Copenhagen interpretation a little easier than me.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey Cortez,
Didn't Plato say something like that.

I enjoyed Philosphy, but nearly was thrown out of the class when I answered the following question.
What did Plato think the brain was for? I answered that the Greeks thought the brain was used to cool the blood.

The Prof went ballistic.

I also had a tendency to argue semantics with him. It irritated the hell out of him.

That was one fun class. Especially when he knew I was right.

:)
I might have to read that.

Do you think it's in the Library?

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Math and Physics hurt my brain. Right now I am reading The Bobby Jones Autobiography. Have also been reading the Bible quite a bit. Very interesting book. I must say.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I have noticed that you can hardly find a successful writer who did not use tobacco. In that last 400 years, anyway.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Finished Confessions of a Pipeman by Gary B. Schrier a couple of weeks ago.

book_cover.1_qd2q.jpg

Halfway through The Life & Good Times of a Tobacco Man by Peter Stokkebye.
Halfway through The Zahir by Paulo Coelho

9780060832810.jpg

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
I just finished reading Hulsmann's Mises: The Last Knight of Lieberlism. I'm about to begin Twain's The Innocents Abroad.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I do mean to pick up a copy of Biocentrism as my next read...thanks for the suggestion guys. Last night I reread for the billionth time, Emerson's "Self Reliance" and plan to reread "The Oversoul" for the billionth time tonight. I never seem to get enough of the classic transcendentalists.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I always seem to end up reading more than one book at a time. Tonight I finished rereading "Self Reliance" by Ralph Waldo Emerson, and started and read half of "Songs Of The Doomed" by Hunter S. Thompson.

Status
Not open for further replies.