PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
Steven Rose - The Future of the Brain: The Promise and Perils of Tomorrow's Neuroscience (2005)

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Jeremy Bernstein - Secrets of the Old One: Einstein, 1905 (2006)

pshmrst

Lurker
Dec 14, 2012
Dublin
An exceptionally Funny Book Entitled: William Walker's first year of Marriage... By Matt Rudd...
Would very much recommend it...
www.paulhtubb.com

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
For the last several weeks, in order to give my eyes less strain, I've been trying out listening to books on cd's. I like the change, although I ALWAYS read a book till I can't keep my eyes open at bedtime. I spend quite a bit of time at my computer, as a lot of us do, between PM and ebay.
Anyway, I've listened to "The Count of Monte Christo" over 45 hours worth, and "Natchez Burning" over 30 hours worth.

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
Some serious readers on the forum!
I think next up for me is Old Path, White Clouds, a lyrical novelization of the life of the Buddha by a Vietnamese monk, Thich Naht Hanh. Its often compared to Siddhartha by Hesse--one of my favorites.
I'm curious whether newbroom finished Game of Thrones?

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Arthur Herman - How the Scots Invented the Modern World (2001).
I've also been reading on and off a collection of short stories by Ambrose Bierce called Terror by Night: Classic Ghost & Horror Stories, published by Wordsworth Editions in 2006.
Another book I am reading in (it's a reference book) is The Penguin Dictionary of Literary Terms & Literary Theory, by J. A. Cuddon, revised by C. E. Preston, 4th edition 1998. Highly recommended. There are long articles in this besides short entries. I'm astounded one man could write this. It's 987 pages long!

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Gordon S. Wood - Revolutionary Characters: What Made the Founders Different (2006)

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
William H. Goetzmann - Beyond the Revolution: A History of American Thought from Paine to Pragmatism (2009)

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
"The Singularity Is Near" by Ray Kurzweil, for the second time. The ramifications of AI are fascinating.

elguapo

Lurker
Aug 31, 2015
On the Kindle when i smoke (outside): Autobiography of Mark Twain, Volume 2
Inside Book: An Appetite for Wonder, The Making of a Scientist by Richard Dawkins.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Robert Louis Stevenson The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Tales of Terror

Status
Not open for further replies.