PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Fly Fishing the Mountain Lakes by Gary LaFontaine- the definitive guide to fishing high altitude stillwater.

jfox520

May 24, 2013
I just finished King's Finders Keepers and am re-reading a short story of his The Body. Can't wait for The Bazaar of Bad Dreams.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
I will be cracking open "I, Lucifer by Glen Duncan" tonight ... it supposed to be in the same vain as "Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett" and I loved Good Omens, so really looking forward to this book.
66717.jpg

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
British Ace Series 1914, 1915, 1916, 1917, 1917, by Griff Hostler.

I am currently reading the last in the series of novels about courageous, British Flyers, and pipe smokers, dog fighting the Hun and providing air support for the brave allied ground troops of WWI.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
I just finished I Am Pilgram and it was the best thriller I have read in years. It was one of those hard to put down over the top books. I'll forget it all in a week but it was a fun read.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The Eternal Husband and Other Stories, by Fyodor Dostoevsky.
I hate to imagine going through life without reading everything Dostoevsky wrote. Having read all of his major novels twice now (except Crime & Punishment only once so far), I'm just catching up on some of the minor ones and short stories I hadn't read yet. The major novels are likely to get a third reading at some point. His insights into human nature, spirituality, history, and life in general were not only divinely inspired but immensely entertaining.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I just finished "Go Set a Watchman". Not bad. I re-read "To Kill A Mockingbird" earlier this year as a primer but there isn't much continuity.
@captainproshephy: I just grabbed "I, Lucifer" sounds intriguing.
Next up: "The Cartel", a followup to one of my favorite books, "The Power of the Dog" by Don Winslow (a favorite author)

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Re-reading (for the umpteenth time) "Harm's Way" by the late James Bassett. This is the novel upon which the Otto Preminger movie "In Harm's Way" starring the late John Wayne was based. Mr. Bassett was the Public Relations Officer for Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey during World War II, and the book (although fiction) is based upon actual events which took place at that time. Further, the main character, Captain (later Rear Admiral) Rockwell Torrey is a pipe-smoker!

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
Thanks for that @huntertrw! I did know about Clive Staples but did not know about Jack. My wife just brought home a book for me called "A HOBBIT A WARDROBE AND A GREAT WAR" its a book about the lives of CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien during WW1 and there relationship deveioped post war.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
David Bodanis - E=mc^2 : A Biography of the World's Most Famous Equation (2000)

Status
Not open for further replies.