PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
Revontuli, by Andrew Eddy. Historical novel about the German occupation of the Finnmark during WWII.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Vince Flynn Seperation Of Powers, good read on how Politicans work against us. The word Politican is broken down to Poly means many, Tic is a blood sucker, Need I say more?

Sep 22, 2012
@stiivn:
By Virginia Woolf, even?! She can take you places you never imagined.

Yes, she does, even if I warm up to these books very slowly. Her warm and nourishing approach is very intriguing, viewed in retrospect especially and irresistibly from her act of suicide.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Bradley, all of his books are great, also Brad thor. you will love them. If you don't send me the bill & I will refund your money!

PS.. I have nothing to do with either, just love their books. And refund offer applies to Bradley only!!

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Just finished Six Frigates: The Epic History of the Founding of the US Navy by Ian Toll and I am now reading The Perfect Smoke by Fred Hanna. Between that second book and the Pipe's Magazine Radio Show epic catch up I've been engaged in my pleasure of this hobby has increased exponentially. I smoked my first pipe in 1987 and I'm just now figuring this sh*t out. Go figure!

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Just finished "Back from the Ashes". Now reading Pipe Traveler's book, "Adventures of a Pipe Traveller", "Oath of Fealty", and "Hamlet". Looking forward to continuing with Niven's Fleet of Worlds series afterwards.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Leisure reading is thesis prep reading, for now. I'm hoping to write on Richard Ford, as I've been very impressed by The Sportswriter and Independence day. Currently inching through Lay of the Land.

Jan 8, 2013
Just finished up the Shadowdance Trilogy by David Dalglish, then went back and read the prequel, Cloak and Spider. great series, I can't wait for the next book.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Just finished up Steinbeck's "To a God Unknown" and am now reading M. Somerset Maugham's "The Explorer" from his collection of short stories.

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
"The Lemon Tree" by Sandy Tolan
The back cover:

"In 1967, Bashir Khairi, a twenty-five-year-old Palestinian, journeyed to Israel with the goal of seeing the beloved old stone house with the lemon tree behind it that he and his family had fled nineteen years earlier. Sandy Tolan brings the Israeli-Palestinian conflict down to its most human level, suggesting that even amid the bleakest political realities there exist stories of hope and reconciliation."
It's an enlightening read and I suggest it to anyone who is interested in the political scene in the modern Middle-East

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
In the last few weeks I've been on a Cormac McCarthy binge and have read All the Pretty Horses, The Crossing and Cities of the Plain - which made up The Border Trilogy and have also read No Country for Old Men.
He's talented as hell, but I'm currently suicidal and don't trust myself with anything sharper than a pipe knife. After seeing the movie I think reading The Road would take me over the high side.
Eugene O'Neil has nothing on this guy......
Fnord

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Jim I am not easily rattled, been thru a lot in my life, but he had one book that I was really sorry that I Read Suttre was the name, hopelessness , despair, just downright depressing. Stayed with me for a while. He is a great writer, but not an uplifting one. The Crossing was my best read.

Status
Not open for further replies.