PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
The Left Hand of Darkness (Hainish Cycle, #4)

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales
Getting through the Hainish novels from Le Guin at the moment (on the lighter side). I never finished it and have been meaning to revisit it for some time.

The other is a bit of a science classic. A book listing the cases of an English neurological professor from the '80s. It's pretty jargon-heavy and medical but remains fascinating reading on the human experience (and pushing the limits of that via several intriguing neurological cases). Some perceptive and beautiful observations and writing.

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
This one is gonna go fast, can't put it down...

cL14VQhm.jpg

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
I just finished reading a fascinating little novel called The Libary at Mount Char by a Scott Hawkins. I guess it's a crime/suspense/fantasy novel? Very gnostic and cult-ish in an interesting way.

Today I started reading Twain's Innocents Aboard. I'm a heavy reader but I guess having been exposed to him so much as a child I never thought to revisit Twain until this year but now, as an adult, I appreciate him so much.
Seriously considering exploring some of his titles and come up with a plan to determine which to read. I'm sure it would be enjoyable.

Reactions: R_Elijah_Bailey

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
This was one of the best crime books I've read in quite a while, it was surprisingly great. A sequel to the Heat heist movie and a prequel.

1664504755476.png

I've read the Nick Mason Pink Floyd book, this one, from 2012, is better.

1664504827208.png

Reactions: Mtlpiper

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Fairy Tale by Stephen King, pretty intriguing so far, he can stretch out a premise.
Each chapter has an illustration, here is Chaper 5, and it's part of that storyline. He smokes Three Sails, which I don't believe was an OTC, so an odd choice for a name?

1664834613225.png

Reactions: Mtlpiper and Kobold

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Re-reading Tom Clancy’s “Red Storm Rising”.

I read it all in one sitting when it came out. Not much time for sleep that night. A different world than when it came out in 1986. Or is it?

Reactions: Mtlpiper
Status
Not open for further replies.