PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
This week I finished rereading Amy Hempel's Collected Stories and Denis Johnson's Largesse of the Sea Maiden.

841644.jpg

2018-01-17_the-largesseoftheseamaiden_eattar_01-2543bac71f9e7bd57ffd450998028f8914c3d242.jpg

makhorkasmoker

Aug 17, 2021
Central Florida
download (7).jpeg
There are very few books I say everyone should read, or even a lot of people should read, but this is one of them. I just re-read it. Even more prophetic than I remember.

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
Almost finished reading Vol II of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Read many of them as a kid and it has been great to go back, plus the complete volumes have many more of the stories.

The two volumes are, well, voluminous, so it has taken a long time to read both from cover to cover. I got them cheap from online used book sellers.

Reactions: username

ChonkyTonks

Jul 14, 2022
Philly
I just started the Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell. Tiger is the book I started. I am eager to see how it plays out. Reason for starting this series was the TV show finding its way into my youtube feed.

Reactions: edger
Nov 10, 2020
Petersburg, VA
I just finished reading a fascinating little novel called The Libary at Mount Char by a Scott Hawkins. I guess it's a crime/suspense/fantasy novel? Very gnostic and cult-ish in an interesting way.

Today I started reading Twain's Innocents Aboard. I'm a heavy reader but I guess having been exposed to him so much as a child I never thought to revisit Twain until this year but now, as an adult, I appreciate him so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.