Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTXHobbit

Lurker
Oct 25, 2021
Texas
Currently, I'm reading the sixth book in the Wheel of Time series, Lord of Chaos, and Stephen King's Joyland.

Reading while I smoke is one of my all-time favorite ways to relax, but an added benefit of this is now as I open up my currently reading books when I'm not smoking, the pleasant aroma of tobacco greets me from the pages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DTXHobbit

Lurker
Oct 25, 2021
Texas
Currently reading the first Wheel of Time book.

I'm alternating between that and Wizard and Glass, which is the 4th book in Stephen King's Dark Tower saga. This will be my 6th time around reading this series.
Nice! I love the WOT series. I have the first 4 books in the Dark Tower Sage on my shelf waiting to be read.

Reactions: Beers 'N Briars

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
Nice! I love the WOT series. I have the first 4 books in the Dark Tower Sage on my shelf waiting to be read.
I've never read the WOT series, but I've always heard it was a classic fantasy series. So when the Amazon series came out, I decided to get it. The Amazon series seems to be an abomination compared to the source material, but the book is very good so far. Just very long.

The Dark Tower has been my favorite series for over 20 years. Had to wait forever for SK to finish the final 3 books. The first 4 are my favorites. The last 3 get VERY meta and "out there", but they are still enjoyable. I love the ending, but a lot of people don't. Even King warns you before you turn the page that you should probably just stop. Of course, no one does. But it is up to the "Faithful Reader" to make up their own mind about how they feel about Roland Deschain's quest. Enjoy!

bbqpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 27, 2019
Arizona
Currently, I'm reading the sixth book in the Wheel of Time series, Lord of Chaos, and Stephen King's Joyland.

Reading while I smoke is one of my all-time favorite ways to relax, but an added benefit of this is now as I open up my currently reading books when I'm not smoking, the pleasant aroma of tobacco greets me from the pages.
Just finished "The Man Who Listens to Horses" by Monte Roberts yesterday and am about to start up "The Ball and the Cross" by G.K. Chesterton.

Status
Not open for further replies.