PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkrockarmy

Might Stick Around
Jan 13, 2013
I'm looking forward to buying a Boswell pipe later this year, warmer weather to smoke in and Game of Thrones season 3!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I'm looking forward to a vacation starting Thursday, and to meeting patiobum in person! Also looking forward to finding a new job once I get back... so that I can give in to the PAD and TAD I've been building up over the last couple of months.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
It's beginning to change here in Tenn-o-see, so I'm really looking forward to the back deck at sunset with one of my prized Ashtons and Vaper. Nothing beats it, except maybe the porch at Pawleys on a rented cabin, watching the sun go down.
Been a long, hard winter here. Not much in the way of pipe smoking. Can't smoke inside, and refuse to freeze at this age and time in my life.
So, c'mon spring and summer!
Metalheadycigar: Good luck on the Lee Van Cleef pipe. But, I'd rethink buying anything from Storient. Go back and read what happened to me after I ordered a pipe from him. He's not trustworthy. Still has my money from December. And still no pipe! This despite complaining in 39 emails to him and to PayPal!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Simple....

Bar B Que

Fresh "Super Hots"
IMG_20120903_113523.jpg

IMG_20120926_173057.jpg

WehaveHabanero.jpg

BadBoys-1.jpg

Adding 13 new varieties this year....

Here's a review of one of them.

Nebru (7 Pot Jonah & Yellow Scotch Bonnet cross) :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaEr2hxEFPU&feature=player_embedded
Edit: Neil Smith is a seriously hardcore.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I try and be mindful of each day BUT I love sitting on the porch smoking a pipe and watching the bats fly around.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I'm looking forward to my vacation on the coast where I salmon fish out of Ilwaco,Wa. Sitting on my deck at the condo and watching the waves come in morn, noon and night. But most of all I'm looking forward to my second grandson to be born in July. God has blessed me with a beautiful family and I'm so proud of all of them.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
I'm 1800 miles away from you, but should come check out the Buick! You'll have to share some photos.

And I'm looking forward to trying Lawrences 'super hots', and hopefully earning a living after starting a new business today.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Simple....

Bar B Que

Fresh "Super Hots"
Oh Lawrence, those peppers look beautiful.
So you're a former active duty Marine, an obvious pipe smoker, and I assume you like hot food. Why did mom and dad put ME up for adoption??? :rofl:
Do you make anything special with those peppers?

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
fishing, camping, canoeing, hiking. Lots of family time outdoors! Although I'm not a fan of fishing with my pipe, don't want my fish hands to get my pipe fishy.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
atsymbol.gif
darjones
Habanero is 100,000-350,000 I think.

According to Wikipedia that would be right...

However; In my experience a typical Habanero wouldn't go North of 30,000 SHUs.

The Chocolate Habaneros ARE 300,000+ SHUs.
As for getting "tricky"... NO WAY.

These peppers I grow can cause a heart attack or a trip to the ER if given as a joke.

And, you would leave yourself open to charges of malicious mischief, or worse.

That's why I ask anyone I provide peppers to - to consent to a release from liability...

Ask Uber. :D
"The Source" It is 7.1 million Scoville

I haven't experienced anything made with an extract like that.

Satan's Blood, Da Bomb Ground Zero, Blain's Ultra Death Sauce, and several others in that 280,000 to 1,500,000 range... yes.

I don't really care for extracts because the flavor isn't all that appealing, and I wouldn't care to consume something that has a higher concentration of capsicum than weapons grade pepper spray... generally 1.5 to 2 million SHUs. Extracts give me heart burn... Fresh Supers don't.

That being said: Out of last year's crop of screamers these Duglahs were about 1.2 million SHUs... each.

Capsicum is additive; so, these would have approximately 3.6 million SHUs total.

When they begin to come in, I'll eat about one a day....

Right now I have to suffer through with a variety of apple smoked Super Hots. (They are quite tasty... and will definitely get your attention.) :twisted:

IMG_20120903_113523.jpg

This is one of the "New Varieties" (for me) this year:

Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Tested at 2,009,231 SHUs (pictured) and 3 other varieties of Trinidad Scorpions.

Trinidad_Moruga_Scorpion_hottest_pepper_in_world-300x225.jpg

thuber88

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2013
Finding a decent job, starting a real life.

I'll settle for that since being worm food is a while away. :)

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Sadly, as temperatures start to warm around here, I'm already anticipating next autumn/winter. Late spring and summer in New Orleans are miserably hot, mostly due to humidity. Unfortunately, I got my dad's northern genes when it comes to dealing with heat, so I prefer the cold. However, I'm looking at getting a decent telescope this year, and stargazing is one way to keep the mind off the heat. So here's to happily anticipating long hours smoking my pipe and catching some decent views.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
Hey Cajunguy good luck with the scope! That's something that I had been wanting for years and my wife surprised me with one for Christmas. So +1 on the looking forward to stargazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.