PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
Most of us on this site are in mid-winter. Possibly huddled indoors, anticipating sitting on the deck with a nice pipe watching the sun set in the summer months. Some of you in the southern states are doing that already, but, jealous aside...

What is everyone looking forward to this year, with respect to pipe smoking activities? Are you planning a vacation, building a man-room?

Personally I'm going crazy in anticipation of packing up the horses, heading out into the mountains for a week - with a saddlebag of pipes and tobacco...and beer and a good scotch - and spending my evenings around the campfire with pipe in hand. I will contemplate bringing food as well, if there is room.

Everyone else?

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I am looking forward to fishing on the river. Big Salmon run this year up in the Northwest and excited to go out with my pipes, tobacco, and my fishing gear!!

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
I'm so looking forward to summer. Sitting on the balcony, with a nice bottle of chilled Rose wine, a pipe or two of one of those vintage tobaccos out of that Dunhill I've finally scored, and reading a book and listening to the crickets chirp.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
When you say 'up in the Northwest', where do you mean? I'm with you both. I've never been big into fishing (more the big game end of things) but feel more at home out in the bush than anywhere...and I anticipate building a balcony on my barn loft that faces west...so sitting on the balcony listening to the crickets chirp is in my near future, without a doubt!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I'm looking forward to buying my "Angel Eyes" Lee Van Cleef pipe this year. I've been hunting for this thing for a while and I'm hoping to secure one soon. If not the hunt will continue. I know Storient has them, but I want one that I can color myself. It's been hard to find a plain block meerschaum bent billiard that hasn't been smoked yet.
As for vacations, trips, etc. I don't have much planned for the year.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
I'm looking forward to quite a few things. Firstly, the delivery of four pipes I had rcently ordered or won. Secondly, the first of May when I officially retire (although I'll actually continue working for at least another 15 or so years, G-d willing!). Thirdly, the end of April when I'll be able to resume my PAD spree on Ebay and Etsy!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have no idea what this summer will bring. With my wife disabled,now, and me retired, things are very unstable. Warmer weather and longer evenings do mean more pipe smoking, however. :puffy:

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Here in the Midlands (UK) we have had the first warm(ish) morning so far this year. The freezing wind of the last week has died down and the sun has been shining. Sitting out in the back garden with a bowl full of something nice in one of my larger pipes has been a real taste of things to come.
What am I look forward too? A visit from the garden elves to do all the gardening, leaving me more time to enjoy my smoke! :lol:

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I've been at the lake since the 5th of January (went home for Super Bowl weekend and Daytona 500). I'm

also looking forward to warmer weather. I think it's about here.... gonna be 65 today and in the 70's

for the next several days.... The crappie are starting to bite up shallow near the bank!

jeffboyrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2012
I am looking forward to April 27th, the trout opener in Michigan. I need to start thinking of new and creative excuses to get out on the stream.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
We have a trailer up north, so I'm looing forward to sitting around the campfire with my kids enjoying a pipe. I'm also looking forward to the warm weather so I can sit on the back deck in the evening after the kids go to bed and enjoy some quiet time and a good smoke. Finally, I'm taking my son (who just turned 4 yesterday) on his first fishing trip. I haven't been fishing in 25 years so I'm really looking forward to spending some time with him on the shore.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Regardless of the weather I am looking forward to a new journey. I had a few pipes and smoked mainly aro's but after spending (way TOO MUCH) time reading the threads :mrgreen: I want to start smoking the good stuff. I have acquired two new pipes and I just ordered my first three tins: Dunhill EMP, Frog Morton's Cellar, and Chelsea Morning (thanks to input from MANY of you).
As I did in my early wine and cigar teeth-cutting days, I look forward to enjoying the classics but then as my palate matures I can't wait for the discovery of that tobacco that just blows my mind.
To happy travels,
Cheers :puffy:

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
In addition to warmer weather, disappearance of all the snow, and getting out to the mountains...

I too am waiting for some Frog Mortons Cellar...and a new pipe to arrive!

...and moving to the farm, and getting a new business up and running...its a crazy year so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.