PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
There's various songs that mark a place where I am in life. Meaning I listen to the song repeatedly during the period and it acts as a bookmark as to what is going on with me. When I hear the song after the period is over, I'm taken back to the place where I was mentally, for both the good and bad.
I go through the same thing. A few years ago I left a shitty architecture firm to got work construction on an old employer's house he was renovating until I found something better. That summer could be defined by Brown Bird's Salt for Salt album, specifically the track Fingers to the Bone, as that was pretty much the only thing I listened to ony hour drive home for 6 months.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
519CnG2TRnL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Now playing Doc Watson - Best of the Sugar Hill Years​

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Thought I'd quote this comment someone posted on this YT video...resonated with me:

"Tom Petty's death hit me as hard as John Lennon's. I still think about him every day. Some people say it's weird to grieve over a celebrity's death, but Tom wasn't just a celebrity. He was a poet, an artist and a deeply human and humble person. That's a rare combo."

Last time through I hid my tracks
So well I could not get back
Yeah my way was hard to find
Can't sell your soul for peace of mind

Square one, my slate is clear
Rest your head on me my dear
It took a world of trouble, took a world of tears
It took a long time to get back here