Their engines make the white sand swirl
The heat is so intense
Earth men have no defense
Against tomorrow's girls
Tomorrow's girls

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
So my link skills are pathetic.

I have been digging Concrete Blonde with the song Joey lately. Great song, lyrics, back story, and cover versions.

There's various songs that mark a place where I am in life. Meaning I listen to the song repeatedly during the period and it acts as a bookmark as to what is going on with me. When I hear the song after the period is over, I'm taken back to the place where I was mentally, for both the good and bad. Happy? by Mudvayne, Poem by Taproot, the first two albums by Atreyu, and One by Metallica are a few examples.

Joey will likely be another one in the group.

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
I have several of Sturgill's CDs. I really like what he is doing now, with this new bluegrass-ish style.
I enjoy that he does not want to do the same thing over and over. He is always evolving. I particularly enjoyed his High Top Mountain since he nailed the country sound from the 70's/very early 80's. Metamodern Sounds in Country Music was a trip and equally enjoyable, but he clearly is doing something different. A Sailor's Guide to Earth was a bit of a sleeper, but well worth an investment of time to hear what he is doing. The biggest deviation which seemed to polarize his fanbase was Sound and Fury. I recall a podcast where he said he is okay if his fans are upset, but that he hopes they can appreciate an artist's desire to try new things. He seems to embody the advice we are trying to give to a 30-something in another post regarding "Impress yourself and don't worry about being what others want you to be"