PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Renfield got me goin' down a rabbit hole again...surprise surprise!

Grateful Dead - Cream Puff War, from Grateful Dead (1967). The late "Pigpen" on the Vox Continental organ. I was reading the late Ray Manzarek's book Light My Fire: My Life With The Doors, where he describes a bizarre interaction he had with the guy back in San Francisco in 1966 or so. Refused to let Ray use his keyboard, that's the long and short of it! Perhaps he didn't want to be shown up. Or maybe Ray said something about a large organ, and it got taken out of context...who knows? All I know is that copious amounts of drugs and/or alcohol were involved; there can be no doubt.

Enjoy!

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Renfield got me goin' down a rabbit hole again...surprise surprise!

Grateful Dead - Cream Puff War, from Grateful Dead (1967). The late "Pigpen" on the Vox Continental organ. I was reading the late Ray Manzarek's book Light My Fire: My Life With The Doors, where he describes a bizarre interaction he had with the guy back in San Francisco in 1966 or so. Refused to let Ray use his keyboard, that's the long and short of it! Perhaps he didn't want to be shown up. Or maybe Ray said something about a large organ, and it got taken out of context...who knows? All I know is that copious amounts of drugs and/or alcohol were involved; there can be no doubt.

Enjoy!

Pigpen and Manzarek. Now that would’ve been a blast to watch. Probably even funnier to listen to.