PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Listening to a real oldie here: Hank Thompson!! His rendition of "The Wild Side of Life" in a true masterpiece. This sound has strong response from Kitty Well doing "It Wasn't God Who Made Honky-Tonk Angels". A great response but a little one sided.

5/5

"You wouldn't read my letter if I wrote you
You asked me not to call you on the phone
But there's something I'm wanting to tell you
So, I wrote it in the words of this song

I didn't know God made honky-tonk angels
I might have known you'd never make a wife
You gave up the only one that ever loved you
And went back to the wild side of life"

th

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
An epic show I was at in 1979, poured down rain, but the band played on😊
Had a cassette of the soundboard and relived it often, anyway excellent Shakedown as encore (wandered right up to the stage)and unbelievable PHIL bombs throughout show. So turn it up!!
Thanks for that one Bengel!............ Just listened all the way through. What a show! It's cool you got to see Brent on his 1st performance too. I've always had a soft spot for Brent, a troubled man, but the way He and Jerry played off one another was something else................

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I remember first seeing this on Letterman, back in 1996.............. I got out of bed to soothe my 4 month old collickey daughter. Sitting in a rocking chair with her in my arms, I turned on the tv. I seldom watched Letterman, but within a few minutes this came on............. I remember being blown away by both Natalie'e voice, and that incredible guitar work from Jennifer Turner........... That little 4 month old is 28 now and a mother.....Man, where does the time go?

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Another SACD from my recent purchase, this time Roger Waters' Amused To Death.

You get the SACD stereo mix plus multi channel mix, I first opted for the former and wow, it really sounds superb with greater depth and soundstage.

Once my new surround speakers are wired in I'll give the surround version a go, that I just know will blow me away.

1 amused.jpg

Jay.