PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Now playing Dixie Dregs - Dregs of the Earth.

Fun fact: A long time ago, when the Earth was young and dinosaurs roamed the land, I lived across the street from Steve Morse. The Dregs were just taking off at the time and it was a constant rip-roaring party. No air conditioning, no nonsense, and no lack of ummmm "recreational activities." Times were good.

Cheers,

Chili

Reactions: edger

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Currently listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd ~ One More from the Road.
Skynyrd was a staple in Atlanta in the early days. The most extraordinary place they played was called Funochios. It was a notorious hippie bar and every time Skynyrd would play there would be this really weird mixing of hippies and rockers. Not to rub it in, but, beers were $1.00.

Cheers,

Chili

Last edited:

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Fun fact: A long time ago, when the Earth was young and dinosaurs roamed the land, I lived across the street from Steve Morse. The Dregs were just taking off at the time and it was a constant rip-roaring party. No air conditioning, no nonsense, and no lack of ummmm "recreational activities." Times were good.

Cheers,

Chili
Excellent. It’s sad that more people have never heard of The Dregs. I get the impression that Steve Morse is never without a guitar in hand.

Now playing Bill Evans - The Paris Concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.