PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatme99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Somewhere in this vast universe
Gabor Szabo. Spellbinder, 1966. He wrote what is probably one of the most recognized pieces of the 1960s rock, yet nobody knows of him.
download (48).jpeg
download (49).jpeg

He wrote Gypsy Queen, the intro to Santana's version of Black Magic Woman. He was a huge influence on Carlos.
Gabor was a Hungarian American and blended his native music heavily with American jazz.
I recommend pulling up Gypsy Queen and giving it a listen.

Kottan

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2020
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Being in a nostalgic mood I pulled this old Golden Earing album with an extended version of Roger McGuinns ‘Eight Miles high'. I recall sitting at the bar in our low liightened favourite pub, where the music was played so loud that you could hardly understand your own word. If you wanted to tell your neighbour something you had to put your mouth directly near his/her ear, and if they could understand you they would nod their heads. And vice versa.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
where the music was played so loud that you could hardly understand your own word. If you wanted to tell your neighbour something you had to put your mouth directly near his/her ear, and if they could understand you they would nod their heads. And vice versa.
That takes me back.................. I remember those times as well............
It would make me nauseous now, but back when I was young it was just a normal Saturday night!....
And the smell of the ciggy smoke on my clothes the next day............... Good Times!!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I'm not big on cover songs, generally............ but this one's pretty sweet. It makes me feel good to see these young ladies doing this song............. gives me hope for the future. Not all of the young ones are listening to crap music.............. This song is such a classic............

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I'm not big on cover songs, generally............ but this one's pretty sweet. It makes me feel good to see these young ladies doing this song............. gives me hope for the future. Not all of the young ones are listening to crap music.............. This song is such a classic............
Big +1 on that Beef. And the best part is they're really good at it too...nice picking and good harmony...beautiful voices. Unfortunately for them it's 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.